j6 cues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by blahblah01 View Post
    Same here: maybe the flip flops are relevant?

As above: probably the best Butt that I have seen, and I fancy trying out the look of the shaft, as opposed to the conventional look.
    Someone needs to step away from the snooker table and get out more :tongue:

Comment

It looks to be a very nice cue. Shame photobucket has killed previous threads.

Comment

As many have said before, it is definitely time to put a badge on those cues. They look to be up there with the top cue makers.

Comment

thanks lads, and not long till the next revew..

until then heres a few shafts i cut out from my new jg. at this stage i got them flat free from the jig which makes finishing far less stressful. theyre all 2mm over sized, and soon ready for fine planing and sanding before splicing.

Last edited by j6uk; 9 September 2017, 01:29 PM.

Comment

Pictures of the jig j6, or is it a secret ?
            Speak up, you've got to speak up against the madness, you've got speak your mind if you dare
            but don't try to get yourself elected, for if you do you'll have to cut your hair

Comment

Originally Posted by vmax View Post
              Pictures of the jig j6, or is it a secret ?
              not really one for secrets vmax, but i think i will hold the reins with this one as its still in the developing process. at the moment the materials used are: ply/acrylic plastic/aluminum/and wood biscuits for leveling.
              good news is its fast and flat free so, feels like a step up. and im sure it will add to the cue finish.

Comment

Originally Posted by j6uk View Post
                not really one for secrets vmax, but i think i will hold the reins with this one as its still in the developing process. at the moment the materials used are: ply/acrylic plastic/aluminum/and wood biscuits for leveling.
                good news is its fast and flat free so, feels like a step up. and im sure it will add to the cue finish.
                That's an interesting mix of materials J.

Ply for the sides, aluminium runners, plastic to stop the sawdust and biscuits to save you going back in doors!
                Snooker Crazy - Cues and Equipment Sales Website
                Snooker Crazy - Facebook Page
                Snooker Crazy - You Tube Channel

Comment

It's always great enjoy to follow this thread .

hopefully I ( as an maple lover ) also get the chance to view more maple wood in future . :snooker:

Comment

thanks lads, and not long till the next revew..

until then heres a few shafts i cut out from my new jg. at this stage i got them flat free from the jig which makes finishing far less stressful. theyre all 2mm over sized, and soon ready for fine planing and sanding before splicing.

I don't generally bother posting "nice cue" on here, you can take it as read from now on, I haven't seen a bad one from you yet.

Do these all become cues, or can they still hit the bin from now?

Comment

Originally Posted by jonny66 View Post
                      Do these all become cues, or can they still hit the bin from now?

there are two from the above pic that still might not make splicing, but generally most shafts should make it at this stage.

Comment

Originally Posted by Shockerz View Post
                        That's an interesting mix of materials J.

Ply for the sides, aluminium runners, plastic to stop the sawdust and biscuits to save you going back in doors!
                        very close combination shock

Originally Posted by Ramon View Post
                        It's always great enjoy to follow this thread .

hopefully I ( as an maple lover ) also get the chance to view more maple wood in future . :snooker:
                        prepping a couple of maple shafts next week. black ebony white maple will be the first on the menu.

Comment

Are you selling any one piece cues yet, J?..
                          JP Majestic
                          3/4
                          57"
                          17oz
                          9.5mm Elk

Comment

Originally Posted by throtts View Post
                            Are you selling any one piece cues yet, J?..
                            should start splicing the next one piece within the next two weeks.

Comment

very close combination shock

prepping a couple of maple shafts next week. black ebony white maple will be the first on the menu.
                              Great , Cheers for info .
                              I'll keep an eye on this thread as usual !!

Comment

heres an example of the fine work done after leaving the taper jig, the one on the right has gone down from 2mm oversize like the shaft on the left to just under 0.5mm oversized. this is now ready for splicing.

Comment

Working...
                                X