X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shockerz
    replied
    Looks nice 'J.'

It's interesting seeing ebony on top of another exotic, quite like it.

Great cueing again (although I did notice the foul on the 2nd red haha).

Leave a comment:

• j6uk
    replied
    some really good feedback above fellas much appreciated..

been a while but i managed to get this latest cue on the table and it was very enjoyable. the shaft had very tough tight interlocking grains while working and seemed to complement the resonance on striking the white.

cue review

https://youtu.be/mKErOlx33Yk

Leave a comment:

• blahblah01
    replied
    Originally Posted by Alex Gara View Post
    That is just about the nicest combination of woods i have ever seen. Not being into overly elaborate butt designs this could have been made just for me. Very elegant!
    Seconded. Swapping them round, or just Wenge would be good too.

Leave a comment:

• Alex Gara
    replied
    Originally Posted by j6uk View Post
    bubinga wenge ebony 58/9.4/28.5/17bp/17oz

That is just about the nicest combination of woods i have ever seen. Not being into overly elaborate butt designs this could have been made just for me. Very elegant!

Leave a comment:

• itsnoteasy
    replied
    Was in the club today, thrashing balls around and Rob Sim came over he was saying he hadn't played snooker for over eight months( this is a man who's had five competitive 147s, absolutely brilliant player) and had retired from snooker,as I was picking the balls out, after doing the line up ,he was looking at my cue that Jason made, " that's feels really nice who made that?" He said ,so I told him and said have a go , so I set the line up and he was laughing and saying he would be glad to just get a red, well he started playing and he absolutely loved the cue, every shot he had something nice to say about it, loved the hit ,loved the balance, just loved it and told me I had got the bargain of the century, in the end he went in off into the middle off the second last red, which isn't bad for not playing for eight months and then using someone else's cue! To me that was very high praise for Jason's cues, coming from a player of his standard. A right feather in your cap, for the work you do Jason.

Leave a comment:

• cat
    replied
    Nice looking cue Jason!

Leave a comment:

• Wayne G
    replied
    Stunning cue J.

Leave a comment:

• Neil Taperell
    replied
    Need J to be less busy , got a couple of cues that i want him to re-finish .

Leave a comment:

• Shockerz
    replied
    Looks like another great cue 'J.'

Looking forward to the new thread.

Leave a comment:

• matthias
    replied
    looks like this thread really is going to be the 2.0 version of the previous one
    that looks perfect to me, very nice

Leave a comment:

• j6uk
    replied
    bubinga wenge ebony 58/9.4/28.5/17bp/17oz

Leave a comment:

• j6uk
    replied
    Originally Posted by old school View Post
    Nice work , Jason , keep them coming . p.s. butterfly No 1 still going strong . Thanks for giving me the opportunity to play with some truly hand made and above all excellent playing cues. Look forward to the continuing thread . Later my friend.
    Thanks oldschool, happy to hear your still enjoying that wenge & ash butterfly

Originally Posted by Alex Gara View Post
    Oh wow a new j6 thread, it must be Christmas.
    Looking forward to seeing what new jigs you come up with for your workshop, I'm not beyond nicking an idea or two! Following your cue stories has been a very interesting and informative experience. Great to see that you are keeping at it and developing your skills.
    hope to pack this thread with some real goodies..

Originally Posted by GeordieDS View Post
    Good luck on the next stage of your cue making journey Jason, it doesn't seem that long ago when you started the other thread
    you know your getting old when the years feel like months.. and yeah im starting to visualize the next gen of cues competing at the top level

Originally Posted by throtts View Post
    Nice work, J6. That cue is a beauty..
    Thanks, very happy with the look and play of this latest butterfly.

Leave a comment:

• throtts
    replied
    Nice work, J6. That cue is a beauty..

Leave a comment:

• GeordieDS
    replied
    Good luck on the next stage of your cue making journey Jason, it doesn't seem that long ago when you started the other thread

Leave a comment:

• Alex Gara
    replied
    Oh wow a new j6 thread, it must be Christmas.
    Looking forward to seeing what new jigs you come up with for your workshop, I'm not beyond nicking an idea or two! Following your cue stories has been a very interesting and informative experience. Great to see that you are keeping at it and developing your skills.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X