X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nifty50
    replied
    Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
    a friend wanted a overhanging tip once, so I put some masking tape, about five layers I think, and my "pencil-sharpner" did a really good job; one happy customer
    Good tip. Apologies for the pun!

Leave a comment:

• DeanH
    replied
    a friend wanted a overhanging tip once, so I put some masking tape, about five layers I think, and my "pencil-sharpner" did a really good job; one happy customer

Leave a comment:

• Nifty50
    replied
    Originally Posted by the_unrepentant View Post
    You can use pencil sharpener style tip trimmers from eBay. They are just over sized pencil sharpeners and they work a treat and very cheap. I have just done a couple of tips using one for the first time and it was so easy. One was a harder laminated tip and no problems. Very neat job!
    https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/3pcs-Cue-...53.m2749.l2649
    Have to agree. Brilliant "invention" and so cheap. Bought two a couple of years ago and they have gone a bit blunt now so just threw them away.

Leave a comment:

• the_unrepentant
    replied
    You can use pencil sharpener style tip trimmers from eBay. They are just over sized pencil sharpeners and they work a treat and very cheap. I have just done a couple of tips using one for the first time and it was so easy. One was a harder laminated tip and no problems. Very neat job!

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/3pcs-Cue-...53.m2749.l2649

Leave a comment:

• Shockerz
    replied
    Originally Posted by Granger147 View Post
    Thanks for the advice shockerz I’ll give that a go! I used to use a mushroom tip for years and loved it but never actually put one on myself. Now I’ve had to have lost 3mm on the tip end of my burwat I feel I need a bigger tip.
    I've just tried fitting a mushroom tip using a pencil sharpener and that went well. My video cards just given the ghost up so when the new one comes I'll do a video to show how to do it easily.

Leave a comment:

• Granger147
    replied
    Yeah I used to have one with original specs years ago that I loved and sold it like a bell end.

Leave a comment:

• Shockerz
    replied
    No mate was around 10mm when I bought it. Whys that?
    Some used to have very large tips from their billiards days!

Leave a comment:

• Granger147
    replied
    Whoever done the work on it originally absolutely butchered it! So I sent it over to Martin Daly to sort out

Leave a comment:

• Granger147
    replied
    No mate was around 10mm when I bought it. Whys that?

Leave a comment:

• Shockerz
    replied
    Thanks for the advice shockerz I’ll give that a go! I used to use a mushroom tip for years and loved it but never actually put one on myself. Now I’ve had to have lost 3mm on the tip end of my burwat I feel I need a bigger tip.
    That wasn't an old Burwat Champion with a 13mm tip by any chance!

Leave a comment:

• Granger147
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Shockerz
    replied
    I was thinking of trying the mark king one
    I saw Ian McCulloch playing at an exhibition once with a mushroom tip.

Gotta say, I was really impressed how he moved the cueball so far in such a short space using side, the tip looks great in my opinion.

Do I use this shape..............nah, each to their own!

Leave a comment:

• Shockerz
    replied
    The Mark King one looks like an 11mm tip at least.

The way I would shape it would be to get the height you want first and then either shape the majority (if you're confident) using a single piece of 80 grit and then finish with depending on the tip type (as long as it's pressed).

If you're not so confident, get the required height first and then use a shaped cue tip sander like this one with refills: https://www.snookercrazy.com/product...ue-tip-sander/

or a tungsten one if you prefer.

Leave a comment:

• Granger147
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Shockerz
    replied
    When you say overhanging, do you mean like the Barry Hawkins one at the top of this page, or the two Mark King ones further down the same page?

https://www.snookercrazy.com/snooker-tip-shapes/

Leave a comment:

Working...
X