Thinning my cue down

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thinning my cue down

I currently have a phoenix unity 2 cue with a 9mm tip but I play English pool every Tuesday in a league and feel I need a smaller tip ie 8mm to 8.5mm. What is the best way to get it down to this? I'm in the West Yorkshire area if that helps for any places that might be able to do this

You could take it to craftsman cues

Comment

What after effect does it have when having a cue thinned down?

Comment

The cue will be retapered over the top 6-12 inches. So it's going to feel different, and play different. The cue will also be lighter. The cue will probably be whippier, but you won't know how much until it's done.

Comment

And can't have the wood stick back on.

think of a hair-cut, but your hair doesn;t grow B)

Comment

So would you say better to buy a cue with a smaller tip?

Comment

9mm to 8.5mm shouldn't make a huge difference in terms of weight and feel. Certainly will feel more like your old cue than a new cue would

Comment

It will make a big difference in your game and would say, try a cue that size first before you change your cue...
                ½mm will change it a lot.
                So unless you've used a cue that size..
                Had a friend get me to take his cue down to 8mm from just over 9, even after warning in if that was too much..
                He agreed with me after I did it..
                For that one you've always wanted...
                https://www.facebook.com/ninjacues/

Comment

Craftsman might even have a cue at 8.5 mm in the shop for you to try out on their tables . Worth a visit anyway . If you are near Bansley / Sheffield , then Andy Travis is always worth a shout for alterations , good work and excellent turnaround .
                  Last edited by old school; 7 March 2018, 09:19 AM. Reason: addendum

Comment

Working...
                  X