Original 1980s ash one piece Powerglide Purist cue wanted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Original 1980s ash one piece Powerglide Purist cue wanted

I just wondered if anyone on the forum has an old original one piece ash Powerglide Purist cue for sale? I’ve been looking for one for some time but the only ones that I have seen have been a few centre joined cues. Ideally I would prefer 58in long.

Thanks
    Oldgit
    'Believe To Achieve'

That's not like you to be looking for more cues mate........lol

Comment

Aye Mike i thought you had found "The One", or should that be "The several hundred" !! ha ha ha

Comment

Hey, Ant and John.......I’ve got feelings!! Lol

I’ve just about given up on ever playing decent snooker again and after trying out just about every cue in the UK I’ve now decided that for some reason the best feeling cues that I have used over the years are some of the old 1980s cues which seem (to me) to play with a nicer hit than the modern super stiff cues.

At present and thanks to Old School on this forum I’m using an old original centre joined Powerglide Purist cue which plays nicely and really would probably do me for the rest of my snooker playing days but I just wondered if there were any one piece versions kicking around, would just love to try one out to see if it plays very differently from the centre joined version.

Oldgit..........The Eternal Optimist
        'Believe To Achieve'

Comment

[QUOTE=Oldgit;968368]Hey, Ant and John.......I’ve got feelings!! Lol

I’ve just about given up on ever playing decent snooker again and after trying out just about every cue in the UK I’ve now decided that for some reason the best feeling cues that I have used over the years are some of the old 1980s cues which seem (to me) to play with a nicer hit than the modern super stiff cues.

This makes perfect sense mate, i'm a fan myself as you know of the 80's early 90's stuff as you say something about the hit, I tend to struggle with new modern cues even though they have been perfect in every way build wise etc

But then its probably all in our head but its great that we can still convince ourselves of anything when it comes to cues and never learn.....lol

Comment

Hi Oldgit,

Yes, I do have a 1984 ash one piece Power Glide Purist cue, signed by Rex Williams, 17oz and 57.5" inches in length, 9mm tip. The cue is in very good condition i.e.very straight, good tip, but it does have a few dings in the ebony butt and the Purist name plate is showing some signs of ware, also the leather buffer is showing signs of ware, the original varnish on the butt has also darkened over time. But...it is in all original very good condition for it's age! 35 years old and always kept in a hard case, it still plays really well indeed, and when spotted by people it always receives good comments! Unfortunately, they don't make them like this anymore...

Comment

I still have my old Maple Purist. Purchased in 1983. Its tucked away in a cupboard but I occasionally have a hit with it for nostalgic reasons lol.

Comment

Hi again,

I did post a comment about this item on the 29th of June 2019 !!!?

Comment

Originally Posted by twintech View Post
                  Hi again,

probably at the time of the "change" and got lost when no notifications here being sent out, hopefully the OP will see your message now
                  Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

OK, many thanks for the heads - up!

I'll wait and see if I now get a reply...

Comment

This makes perfect sense mate, i'm a fan myself as you know of the 80's early 90's stuff as you say something about the hit, I tend to struggle with new modern cues even though they have been perfect in every way build wise etc
                      But then its probably all in our head but its great that we can still convince ourselves of anything when it comes to cues and never learn.....lol

. Inclined to agree with CueAntW . I am also a very old git who played a little bit of snooker in my youth and am returning to learn properly while I can still see the opposite end of the snooker table. Old cars are remembered with nostalgia as being great but when you revisit one and drive it you see how primitive it is. Same with most old snooker cues

Comment

Originally Posted by twintech View Post
                        Hi again,

Thanks, I have only just seen your message, sorry. I’ve sent you a private message.
                        'Believe To Achieve'

Comment

If Oldgit isn't interested for any reason, I may be, let me know.

Comment

Hi Oldgit, I never got to receive your private message! I don't think that this site is working as it should...

Comment

PS If you are no longer interested in the Purist cue, no worries...

Comment

Working...
                              X