No announcement yet.

Cue gone missing in post!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wen a sell cue I insure it to the value of what a sell it for just in case wen a do parcel force hope it turns up pall
    Current playing cue Trevor White
    3/4 ash cue

Comment

Interesting conversation.

I generally insure the cues for what I paid for them as you normally have to provide proof of purchase (your purchase) not the customers; I always have regular claims through the post office etc for lost merchandise.

If there was an argument between who has lost it common sense to me would say I have have proof I gave it to the post office so the burden of compensation lies with the post office unless they have something that say it was passed on.

If they do then off to Parcel Force, with it, if they don;t then it's the Post Office.
      Snooker Crazy - Cues and Equipment Sales Website
      Snooker Crazy - Facebook Page
      Snooker Crazy - You Tube Channel

Comment

Sooo apparently the parcel force guy definitely didn't pick the cue up on Monday. Not on his system. He thinks that royal mail has picked it up after he had been...apparently they do that as parcel force is part of royal mail. He thinks cue will be delivered by royal mail today,...tracking number is useless so technically buyer could still just flat out deny ever recieving the cue. Complete cluster f**k if that is true. I assumed cues where insured upto the value of £500 with parcel force as I've been told by the post office before. Turns out nothing is insured unless you pay for it. £100 compensation. Proof of purchase is pretty much a hand written recipes which I have posted with the cue so that's shafted also haha. Live and learn. Doubt I will ever send a cue by post if this doesn't get resolved

Comment

I could try get some sense out of royal mail see if my tracking number is logged on their system if the story is true. Or maybe CCTV is an option but doubt I would get very far.

Comment

Originally Posted by mathias12 View Post
            Sooo apparently the parcel force guy definitely didn't pick the cue up on Monday. Not on his system. He thinks that royal mail has picked it up after he had been...apparently they do that as parcel force is part of royal mail. He thinks cue will be delivered by royal mail today,...tracking number is useless so technically buyer could still just flat out deny ever recieving the cue. Complete cluster f**k if that is true. I assumed cues where insured upto the value of £500 with parcel force as I've been told by the post office before. Turns out nothing is insured unless you pay for it. £100 compensation. Proof of purchase is pretty much a hand written recipes which I have posted with the cue so that's shafted also haha. Live and learn. Doubt I will ever send a cue by post if this doesn't get resolved
            Why would you assume you had £500 insurance lol, you only get that with parcel force if you pay for it. I believe its £1.80 for next £100 worth of insurance, then £4.50 per every additional £100 you want covering, so for a £500 cue you would need to pay an additional £15.30!

Comment

Originally Posted by neil taperell View Post
              Only if you pay for a parcel to be tracked . Signed for is different .
              Parcel force is always tracked mate, its part of the service

Comment

I could try get some sense out of royal mail see if my tracking number is logged on their system if the story is true. Or maybe CCTV is an option but doubt I would get very far.
                Thing is if royal mail did pick it up for whatever reason it may well of already been delivered. Has the buyer been in touch to say its not arrived?

Comment

Was due to arrive Wednesday and he got In Touch yesterday saying he hadn't received and tracking didn't recognize. He could be pulling a fast one. Who knows

Comment

Was due to arrive Wednesday and he got In Touch yesterday saying he hadn't received and tracking didn't recognize. He could be pulling a fast one. Who knows
                    Well lets hope he's got it, and not being a sly one saying he hasn't because he knows it's not been tracked

Comment

If it was Parcelforce48 they have to get a signature at the address as standard. Even if you have no receipt they will be able to check if a delivery was made to the postcode you sent it to...

At this stage it's more important to prove delivery as you have the money....
                      ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

Originally Posted by Cue crafty View Post
                        If it was Parcelforce48 they have to get a signature at the address as standard. Even if you have no receipt they will be able to check if a delivery was made to the postcode you sent it to...

At this stage it's more important to prove delivery as you have the money....
                        He's already said parcelforce didn't pick it up from the post office

Comment

Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
                          He's already said parcelforce didn't pick it up from the post office
                          He also states, Royal Mail "may" have picked it up.. Parcelforce is part of Royal Mail Group Ltd, so somewhere on their system it should show a signed for delivery to the buyers address.
                          Last edited by Cue crafty; 14 December 2018, 05:17 PM.
                          ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

Parcel force claim it was never picked up from post office and isn't on their system...I will have to ring royal mail and hopefully they will have my tracking number on Thier system ..if I type it into royal mail website it just sends me to parcel force website due to the number being theirs.

Comment

Originally Posted by Cue crafty View Post
                              He also states, Royal Mail "may" have picked it up.. Parcelforce is part of Royal Mail Group Ltd, so somewhere on their system it should show a signed for delivery to the buyers address.
                              Well iv'e had cues delivered before by Royal Mail, didn't sign for it and no scanning involved, just hand it over lol

Comment

Well is the byer on here if he is say his name and hope he doesn't do a pull a fast one pall
                                Current playing cue Trevor White
                                3/4 ash cue

Comment

Working...
                                X