No announcement yet.

Cue gone missing in post!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I hope it all gets sorted, it probably doesn't help, but things I've learnt:

1) If its via eBay then although they normally side with the buyer, however if you can prove you posted it, I believe it is up to the buyer to claim, based on the postage paid (they paid it effectively, not you). Things may have changed, but I vaguely recall being in the situation of the recipient a while back and was told it was up to me (as the buyer) to sort out...however it eventually turned up, so I never actually had to sort it out (this was with Royal Mail / Parcelforce). I've had things go missing before, but eBay shops normally just re-send it (and to be fair, I can't be sure these were always Royal Mail / Parcelforce...they probably weren't in fairness).

2) The whole Royal Mail / Parcelforce confusion is a very real thing...the only type of company more disorganised than an ex-state owned company...is a state owned company!

3) The whole signature on arrival thing is equally random...sometimes it appears to be fine to leave it in a 'safe space', other times they will randomly dump it at a post office or depot a million miles away and refuse to re-deliver (something to do with post offices being Royal Mail and the delivery being Parcelforce). Last time they told me the sender has to specify it is acceptable for them to leave it on the property of the recipient without a signature...which to be fair sounds reasonable, but I'd never heard that before.

4) Tracking numbers definitely don't work all the time...sometimes the number you are given simply doesn't exist (no idea how or why)

5) I have had a cue destroyed by Royal Mail (or maybe Parcelforce...I forget which), I did attempt to claim for the full value, but only got back (as expected) whatever I was covered for (I was a student at the time trying to save costs...luckily being a student it was also a cheap cue)!

Comment

Turns out nobody knows what the f**k has happened and everyone's passing the blame. I still have hope it may miraculously turn up this week. If not claim through the post office.

Comment

Originally Posted by mathias12 View Post
        Turns out nobody knows what the f**k has happened and everyone's passing the blame. I still have hope it may miraculously turn up this week. If not claim through the post office.
        If Royal Mail picked it up instead of Parcel force, wait a week and see. I sent a Christmas card first class UK and it took 7 days to arrive. December must be a busy time.

Comment

lol hard times xd

Comment

But you can only claim £100, (if you didn't pay for additional compensation), so looks like you are going to be badly out of pocket

Comment

Yes no need to rub it in jrc. I have some good news however ..checked tracking number again and it's in the hands of parcel force looking to be delivered today!! Hopefully it's in 1pc. Don't like the fact it's been knocking around a warehouse for over a week mind.

Comment

Great news then, hopefully all ends well.
                Its a Christmas miracle 😂

Comment

That’s good news. I try not to deal with Parcel Force if I can help it. DPD provide a much more reliable and efficient service.

Comment

Yes no need to rub it in jrc. I have some good news however ..checked tracking number again and it's in the hands of parcel force looking to be delivered today!! Hopefully it's in 1pc. Don't like the fact it's been knocking around a warehouse for over a week mind.
                    Fingers crossed , hopefully it hasn't been kicked around .
                    Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

Originally Posted by WIGHTDIAMOND View Post
                      That’s good news. I try not to deal with Parcel Force if I can help it. DPD provide a much more reliable and efficient service.
                      Well I've used parcel force several hundred times, can't recall having any major problems

Comment

Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
                        Well I've used parcel force several hundred times, can't recall having any major problems
                        you're such a show off mate..........lol

Comment

good news!
                          cross fingers for a result :encouragement:
                          Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by CueAntW147 View Post
                            you're such a show off mate..........lol
                            Ahh the good ole days ehh.
                            Now once in a blue moon if I'm lucky 😁

Comment

So Parcel Force denied having it but they now have it?

I've used them lots of times with no problems but I guess they all have one eventually.
                              Snooker Crazy - Cues and Equipment Sales Website
                              Snooker Crazy - Facebook Page
                              Snooker Crazy - You Tube Channel

Comment

All delivered safe and sound. Yes I think what's happened is royal mail picked the parcel up instead of parcelforce then royal mail took their time sending it to the parcelforce depot for it to be delivered. Nightmare over

Comment

Working...
                                X