Cue gone missing in post!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cue gone missing in post!!!!

Sent a cue from my local post office which I have done countless times before via parcel force 48....this was Monday morning. Blokes ring me says he hasn't received so I checked the tracking number on parcel force website which says it can't be recognised. I got on the phone to parcel force and they are claiming it's never been picked up from the post office and to get in contact with them...anyway I shoot off down the post office and they are adamant the parcel force guy picked it up on Monday along with the other parcels. They are going to confront the guy today when he returns to pick up parcels again.
    Sorry for the long post but not sure what to do? Who's liable if it's been stolen??

If they have receipt scanned at the post office (and given you proof of postage) you claim off parcelforce.
    They usually try every excuse not to pay out, usually find ‘ceo’ complaints (emails to senior execs you can guess their email addresses) are the best way to get paid out (or shut up). Or whine on their social media sites..
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Old cue collector --
    Cue Sales: http://oldcues.co.uk/index.php?id=for_sale_specials
    (yes I know they're not cheap, I didn't intend them to be!..)
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

I've got proof of postage...and I'm guessing when parcel force collect from them they scan the parcels? Would the post office have a receipt for when parcel force picked up the parcel? £500 cue going missing is not great. So who's liable. Isit out of the sellers hands once it's been posted and the buyers responsibility?

Comment

It's your responsibility until it is signed for by the buyer . Did you send it tracked ?
        Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

Originally Posted by neil taperell View Post
          It's your responsibility until it is signed for by the buyer . Did you send it tracked ?
          If its UK its always tracked

Comment

If you've got tracking your fine, pressuming you paid for insurance with parcelforce for the full £500 value of the cue. If you didn't specify this, I believe parcelforce 48 only provides £100 compensation for lost parcels, so even if they accept liability, you're screwed.

Comment

Yes always send parcels tracked no matter what. Parcel force are claiming it's never entered their system that's why they can't recognize the tracking number... Who would be liable for the insurance then? I assume the post office which is run by royal mail isit??

Comment

Thought it was insured upto the value of £500 through parcel force?

Comment

That’s very sad indeed. Which cue was it, if I may ask?

Comment

Originally Posted by mathias12 View Post
                    Yes always send parcels tracked no matter what. Parcel force are claiming it's never entered their system that's why they can't recognize the tracking number... Who would be liable for the insurance then? I assume the post office which is run by royal mail isit??
                    Yes , I believe that the Post Office will be liable .

Comment

Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
                      If its UK its always tracked
                      Only if you pay for a parcel to be tracked . Signed for is different .

Comment

Can't disclose what cue it is yet but I will in the near future. Popping back to post office later. So will find out abit more

Comment

Originally Posted by mathias12 View Post
                          Thought it was insured upto the value of £500 through parcel force?
                          I don't remember seeing this £500 valuation limit when I've used them .

I've also attached an interesting link in which someone tries to find out their % payout on claims through the freedom of information act.

Teflonforce managed to deflect that one too . . .

Incidentally they say it's not "insurance", but a "compensation" scheme.

Have a read . .

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/reque..._rate_of_claim

Comment

It’s not insurance.. they’re not licenced to sell you an insurance product.
                            They can however offer compensation for lost parcels, you’ll find all parcel companies have this approach, nothing sinister.
                            ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                            Old cue collector --
                            Cue Sales: http://oldcues.co.uk/index.php?id=for_sale_specials
                            (yes I know they're not cheap, I didn't intend them to be!..)
                            ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

I've had a look and they only issue £100 compensation for parcel force 48. If that's the case I'm screwed. Will have to just wait until it pops up on eBay/Facebook and go around with the trusted baseball bat haha. It was paid for via bank transfer so I could be a nasty bloke and just tell the buyer it's unfortunate.

Comment

Working...
                              X