Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by Zelig View Post
    Hi Monkeyminx,

I saw you are in East Anglia, I live in Norwich and I am relatively new to the forum too. I know the problem you mention: living here is a bit out of the snooker radar, cue makers with show-rooms are far away and "trying before buying" is really difficult.

I do not know if this could help you but I am selling one of my cues right now -- a Peradon Eden, hardly used (10 times or less). But it seems to me that you are looking for very good / top-end cues, so perhaps you are after something better/more expensive than the Eden? Anyway, if you want to try it that is no problem for me: we can meet in Norwich (I usually play at Woodside, but any club is fine) and you can have a frame or two with it, with no commitment to buy. Feel free to let me know. But apart from that:

if it's not just "the occasional cue" you are after, but you are really looking for "the one", then there is no alternative, buying on internet does not work, you need to try it in person (and even spend some time on it). True, in our cases that means travelling quite a bit, but I think it will be worth it: if it's a genuine passion, driving some miles is part of it!
    Hi there. I've tried to private message you but it won't even give me the option to. It keeps saying I don't have permissions. I have emailed TSF so hopefully I will be able to soon. It is not allowing me to access any profiles at all! It would be good to meet up for a few games, always good to play with new people!

Yes I definitely agree, I think travelling to these places is a must!!

Comment

Originally Posted by Stevie1 View Post
      Yes ADR is missing a trick here
      I've seen a lot of posts mentioning ADR and when I have looked on eBay there are quite a lot of ADR cues. Is this person a cuemaker? Excuse my naivety but I am unable to access any profiles and a lot of the threads I can't see as it says I don't have permission to view them

Comment

PMs - you get after 10 posts and a bit of patience

ADR is a retailer for many years in cue sports equipment and over the years has had quality cues made by various makers .
        he has a shop on ebay but is willing to deal via TSF PM or email as the shop tends not to have all the stock he has and he can save the ebay fees
        Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by Monkeyminx View Post

It's an amazing gap in the market for someone to have a place to stock Parris, White, Wooldridge etc .... come on guys, surely someone wants to pick up on this gold nugget!!!!
          If you had a decent range then it would be a killer for all that stock sat there. Would like to see it but it would be a brave person I reckon!
          Snooker Crazy - Cues and Equipment Sales Website
          Snooker Crazy - Facebook Page
          Snooker Crazy - You Tube Channel

Comment

Being a woman.... I'll probably like the first one I tried and have to go back to the other end of the UK to get it!!!!
            It might be best to start local...............Welcome to the forum.
            Snooker Crazy - Cues and Equipment Sales Website
            Snooker Crazy - Facebook Page
            Snooker Crazy - You Tube Channel

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
              PMs - you get after 10 posts and a bit of patience

ADR is a retailer for many years in cue sports equipment and over the years has had quality cues made by various makers .
              he has a shop on ebay but is willing to deal via TSF PM or email as the shop tends not to have all the stock he has and he can save the ebay fees
              Oops sorry I thought it was only 6 posts. My mistake!! I do have patience.... well sometimes!!

Ah thank you for explaining about ADR, it makes sense now. I will have a look when I can and see what is available.

It really is quite astonishing how many top cue makers there are. When I first started looking at high quality cues, everywhere was Parris, Parris and Parris.... but the more in depth I research, every day I find out more and more and it is crazy!!

Comment

Originally Posted by Shockerz View Post
                If you had a decent range then it would be a killer for all that stock sat there. Would like to see it but it would be a brave person I reckon!
                Brave but extremely lucrative!! It's similar to Marine stock....It is terrifying when you go to a good stockist (which is becoming fewer and fewer) the amount of stock they have there. It runs into the 10's of thousands of pounds, sometimes more.... with some fish and corals £350-£500+ However there are people who will buy and it's the same with any hobby. Just takes one person to do it!!! If it's good people will travel miles!

Comment

Originally Posted by Shockerz View Post
                  It might be best to start local...............Welcome to the forum.
                  Thanks!! I think I'm going to enjoy it here!!

Comment

Oops sorry I thought it was only 6 posts. My mistake!! I do have patience.... well sometimes!!

Ah thank you for explaining about ADR, it makes sense now. I will have a look when I can and see what is available.

It really is quite astonishing how many top cue makers there are. When I first started looking at high quality cues, everywhere was Parris, Parris and Parris.... but the more in depth I research, every day I find out more and more and it is crazy!!
                    if you do a log out and login, the function may appear
                    when you said played for England back in the day, what time was this? Do you recall a Gaye Jones?

Comment

test pm sent

Comment

if you do a log out and login, the function may appear
                        when you said played for England back in the day, what time was this? Do you recall a Gaye Jones?
                        Yes it works! Thank you!!

I started playing for England around 1992ish maybe a bit later, my memory is rubbish!!! I vaguely remember the name Gaye Jones but I would probably recognise her face! Did she play snooker and pool? Her name does sound familiar.

Comment

Yes it works! Thank you!!

I started playing for England around 1992ish maybe a bit later, my memory is rubbish!!! I vaguely remember the name Gaye Jones but I would probably recognise her face! Did she play snooker and pool? Her name does sound familiar.
                          PM reply received
                          Gaye Jones is a close friend of a friend of mine and back in the 80s (maybe to early 90s) she was part of the board for the Ladies association (snooker) and arranged most of the tournaments in that time

Comment

PM reply received
                            Gaye Jones is a close friend of a friend of mine and back in the 80s (maybe to early 90s) she was part of the board for the Ladies association (snooker) and arranged most of the tournaments in that time
                            I'm sure I would know her then!! As i say, her name is familiar. I was the shortest player they had ever had!! 5ft 2" Once seen never forgotten apparently!!

Comment

PM reply received
                              I seem to remember she came across our Ali Carter when he was a lad aged 10. Good find!
                              ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

Hi there. I've tried to private message you but it won't even give me the option to. It keeps saying I don't have permissions. I have emailed TSF so hopefully I will be able to soon. It is not allowing me to access any profiles at all! It would be good to meet up for a few games, always good to play with new people!
                                Hi, I just sent you a private message and I guess that now you will be able to see it - if not please let me know. Looking forward to :snooker:

Comment

Working...
                                X