Cue options. Your advice, experience, knowledge, thoughts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cue options. Your advice, experience, knowledge, thoughts

I'm buying my first new cue in a while. Unfortunately, I'm not going to have the option of trying before buying, but I know l pretty much what I want.
    Based on spec, price and availability I've got my eye on either:
    - Phoenix Master Cue (M14).
    - Peradon York.
    - Peradon King. This is a wild card as I'm not so keen on the olive wood splicing. Could be a contender though. If the quality is right I can get over aestetics Although, if going for this styling there's s similarly built
    - Phoenix Unity.
    My main hesitancy with the Peradon cues is the quality. They feel lovely but I've heard a few stories of breakages at joints etc. Is their quality as good as it used to be?
    Thoughts please.
    Thanks

IMO you should get to a retailer and try some of these cues or atleast take a closer look. The majority of cue sport shops will carry Peradon cues... All depends on where you are based and how much you really want a nice playing cue.
    "I got injected with the passion for snooker" - SQ_FLYER
    National Snooker Expo
    25-27 October 2019
    http://nationalsnookerexpo.com

Comment

IMO also, I should try before I buy. However, I did say I haven't got the option. My nearest half decent cue shop is a 180 mile round trip (if I had a car). Unfortunately, places like sports direct don't quite have the quality of cue I would want.

Comment

+1

Failing that get a Master Cue. They need a very light rub down as they have a strange tacky top finish, which I assume to be linked to storing them. Other than that they are good reliable cues....

I have a very lightly used 1 piece with extensions and case that you can have for a sensible price.

Comment

Originally Posted by blahblah01 View Post
          +1

I have a very lightly used 1 piece with extensions and case that you can have for a sensible price.
          Can you pm me specs, pics, prices @blahblah01 could be interested

Comment

where exactly are you? So many cue dealers around now you'd be surprised how close one might be to you

Comment

South coast, near Eastbourne.

Comment

But there is also the element of "Based on spec, price and availability"... I can get some of the items listed at a rather good price, which is why they're options 😁

Comment

I'd go for the phoenix out of those 3. Peradon make okay cues, but I don't think you get tje same quality for similar money.

Frank Sandell is near you in Worthing. Worth giving him a call to see what he has in stock.

Comment

I'll check him out. Thanks @Mark187187. Otherwise it's Snooker Crazy in Portsmouth.

Comment

Originally Posted by simonofthepiemans View Post
                      I'll check him out. Thanks @Mark187187. Otherwise it's Snooker Crazy in Portsmouth.
                      Snooker crazy is on here, he might see this thread, he will have some decent cues for you

Comment

Originally Posted by simonofthepiemans View Post
                        Hi Simon

You can look at a few of the cues I have in stock here:

https://www.snookercrazy.com/product.../snooker-cues/

I have many others (and more from Peradon) but as fast as I get them up on the website they go.

Due to this I also have many either not on there yet or in the finishing process if they are ones I have had made to my various specs for stock.

If you want a chat you can either pm me here, email mail or call (details here: https://www.snookercrazy.com/contact-us/

Happy to give you a personal opinion on the various cues.
                        Snooker Crazy - Cues and Equipment Sales Website
                        Snooker Crazy - Facebook Page
                        Snooker Crazy - You Tube Channel

Comment

Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
                          Snooker crazy is on here, he might see this thread, he will have some decent cues for you
                          Thanks mate, I get on when I can!!

Busy sourcing leather at the moment as finally got a bit of time to have another crack at leather case making. It's taken me this long to get the various cue stocks.
                          Snooker Crazy - Cues and Equipment Sales Website
                          Snooker Crazy - Facebook Page
                          Snooker Crazy - You Tube Channel

Comment

What specifications are you after? I have about 20 cues - which is way more than I need, so if I have one in your specs I can let you know. If you're interested, send me a private message. I'm based in London

Comment

Of those it is the phoenix for sure - what is your budget? I will have something adr147@hotmail.com
                              https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

Working...
                              X