Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hairline crack in the butt end of the cue

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Hairline crack in the butt end of the cue

    Kindly advise a fix for this. I guess it is an easy job.
    Looking for perfection is the only way to motivate yourself.

  • #2
    https://ibb.co/qJhJH2K
    https://ibb.co/LNTwGtX
    Looking for perfection is the only way to motivate yourself.

    Comment


    • #3
      that is your climate at work again! - put superglue in the fridge - pour into the gap and leave - sand and refinish.
      https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally Posted by ADR147 View Post
        that is your climate at work again! - put superglue in the fridge - pour into the gap and leave - sand and refinish.
        Thanks a lot. I was thinking it is the tip, just noticed that the crack is causing the tinny sound on certain shots.
        Looking for perfection is the only way to motivate yourself.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally Posted by fkhan View Post
          Thanks a lot. I was thinking it is the tip, just noticed that the crack is causing the tinny sound on certain shots.
          it won't be the crack - I will talk you through the repair if you need me to - call me tomorrow.
          https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

          Comment


          • #6
            That's very kind of you. I will try the fix. Sounds simple enough.
            Looking for perfection is the only way to motivate yourself.

            Comment


            • #7
              it is - the trick is to get the superglue very cold then as it warms up it pulls the wood together.
              https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

              Comment


              • #8
                If you stay in a dry climate then I have noticed the you may get issues like this especially in that area of the cue below the badge. I have had one or two cues that were sent to people staying in hot dry areas having the exact same issue. Trick is to oil the cues nicely when you receive them and do so regularly as well

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally Posted by ADR147 View Post
                  it is - the trick is to get the superglue very cold then as it warms up it pulls the wood together.
                  How do you sand it down without damage the finish or the badge?
                  "I got injected with the passion for snooker" - SQ_FLYER
                  National Snooker Expo
                  25-27 October 2019
                  http://nationalsnookerexpo.com

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally Posted by the lone wolf View Post
                    How do you sand it down without damage the finish or the badge?
                    Stanley blade scrape away excess glue and carefully with sandpaper go over the glued area and not badge. If you have one of those nail file things with varying roughness very handy as well

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Thanks for the advise!
                      Looking for perfection is the only way to motivate yourself.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally Posted by sanman View Post
                        Stanley blade scrape away excess glue and carefully with sandpaper go over the glued area and not badge. If you have one of those nail file things with varying roughness very handy as well
                        Thanks Sanman
                        "I got injected with the passion for snooker" - SQ_FLYER
                        National Snooker Expo
                        25-27 October 2019
                        http://nationalsnookerexpo.com

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          What he said
                          https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            If you do happen to go over the badge at all, go to a car body shop and get some 900, 1500 and 2000 wet and dry.
                            Will bring it back up to what it was.
                            For that one you've always wanted...
                            https://www.facebook.com/ninjacues/

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              I put masking tape on the badge to protect it. Applied cold gel type super glue, It's below the tape, not sure if you can see the glue. I will leave it for 24 hours and refinish it.

                              https://ibb.co/vs4qM4n
                              https://ibb.co/R00sT02
                              Last edited by fkhan; 8th April 2019, 06:56 PM.
                              Looking for perfection is the only way to motivate yourself.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X