Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don't know that one. Blue interior or exterior?
    Il n'y a pas de problemes; il n'y a que des solutions qu'on n'a pas encore trouvées.

"Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put in a fruit salad." Brian O'Driscoll.

Comment

• Like the one in pic but blue and black i believe on outside instead of white and black
      sigpic A Truly Beakerific Long Pot Sir!

Comment

• Was the snooker hall today and thought I'd take some snaps of my new cue.

Unfortunately (Yes I'm full of excuses!) the photos are TERRIBLE for several reasons:
        1) It was me taking the photo
        2) I was trying to avoid using flash to ensure I didn't distract others playing
        3) Despite this I was still rushing to ensure I didn't distract others playing

Because of this the photos are very very blurry. I also, for some reason, was taking pics of the whole cue (Hard to fit it in) compared to taking close ups like I've noticed on here). I've reduced the photos by quite a bit so the blur doesn't look so bad but even then it is :/ I was tempted to just delete them and try again but I wanted to show off the cue and I definitely wont take the (Actually pretty terrible) camera with me tomorrow, as it'll be too busy... And I'll probably not end up at the hall again until a week today!

I'll endevour to take some betters photos at a later date - The cue, however, will be no doubt "boring" to many of you as compared to some of the cues on here it is much more basic. However, I love the cue... It's fantastic!

Anyway, some photos:

I was really glad after taking the advice of forum members to physically handle cues before purchasing. If I hadn't I'd have purchased a cue with more "standard" specs but after handling a few, this cue was both lighter and tapered to be much thinner at the tip. It was lucky really, considering that whilst new this cue was actually built for somebody else, but it simply felt perfect for me when I held it.

Felt I got a great deal with the cue and whilst it may not have (Obviously!) transformed my game, I certainly take much greater pride in using it... Which I feel gives me more confidence if nothing else

Specs:
        3/4 jointed at 16"
        9.5mm tip
        58" Long
        17 3/4 oz
        Ash shaft, solid ebony butt with single tulipwood front splice tipped with 2 maple veneers

EDIT: Really am gutted about the naff photos looking back at them now... They really don't do the cue justice. I'll aim to get some better ones ASAP... I waited until I was at the snooker hall because I thought it'd look better, but even it I just have to lay it on my bed Just want to show it off
        Last edited by LavaChild; 27 February 2009, 05:12 PM.

Comment

• Doesn't look boring to me at all! Classy elegance, this should be a guidline for
          snooker cues IMO.

No doubt that it needs a lot more craftsmanship and skill to make an incredibly
          fancy looking cue, but...

Nice cue! Good to hear you're happy with it!

Comment

• Master Cue Pro-butt 3

57 inches (Butt-joint at 14 inch)
            18.2 Oz
            9.5mm tip

Comment

• Nice cues, both of the above.

Lavachild, I see now why you bought what you did, nice cue and case combo; I really like the cue, it looks very elegant, not boring at all, and if you're happy with the way it plays, then you've done yourself proud! Nice one!
              Il n'y a pas de problemes; il n'y a que des solutions qu'on n'a pas encore trouvées.

"Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put in a fruit salad." Brian O'Driscoll.

Comment

• I actually like the case lava anyone know where you get cases like that? i quite like it and am still deciding which case to get.

Comment

• Originally Posted by khizzy View Post
                  nice cues and case
                  What case is that please?I dont think its a peradon as mentioned in this thread.

Comment

• Originally Posted by ADR147 View Post
                    posted on behalf of martin.

This case:snooker::snooker::snooker:

Comment

• Looks like one of the leather ones from green baize to me
                      http://www.greenbaize.com/cases.htm
                      last one down on this page. I didn't neccesarily mean that was a peradon, i just like the blue peradon which is similar.

Heres the paradon,

Note, NOT my cue. I am getting a similar cue though and would be buying that case if i could afford it.
                      Last edited by RGCirencester; 27 February 2009, 09:10 PM.

Comment

• Originally Posted by RGCirencester View Post
                        Looks like one of the leather ones from green baize to me
                        http://www.greenbaize.com/cases.htm
                        last one down on this page. I didn't neccesarily mean that was a peradon, i just like the blue peradon which is similar.

Heres the paradon,

Note, NOT my cue. I am getting a similar cue though and would be buying that case if i could afford it.
                        thanks for the link

Comment

• Keith has asked me to post these pictures for him. Theres quite a few so this might be a long post...

Comment

• A big thank-you to Rob for doing what I couldn't: posting these pictures! I'd like to stress that not all of these cues are mine; some are for friends, some for me. I've wanted to post them for a while just to show what nice cues there are out there. Now you know!

Comment

• love the thee old ash by Dave Coutts. A really nice collection.

Comment

• The top ones the nicest

Comment

Working...
                                X