This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi Asi,

I think you can have all sorts of shades in Thuya Burr, to be honest. The Coutts cue is also well-lit, and Trev's is in shadow. I thought that Trev's cue was snakewood at first, it's so dark! I've never seen Thuya burr as dark as Trev's one, though.

I'm not really a burrwood fan, to tell the truth, but I do like Trev's one, it's very nice. The 2nd cue is ebony with white veneers then Pink Ivory with white veneers over ebony, right? It's lovely! Very striking and dignified, I think. It looks like a cue that'd belong to a VIP, a statesman, IMO!
    Il n'y a pas de problemes; il n'y a que des solutions qu'on n'a pas encore trouvées.

"Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put in a fruit salad." Brian O'Driscoll.

Comment

• Thank Keith, your are always very helpful.

I've never seen Thuya burr as dark as well . That's why I like it so much ALTHOUGH I am not a big fan of burr woods. it think its belongs to "Matt" and After seeing this stunning cue, I goggled THUYA BURR and found this pic. its as dark as TW cue, but the clock is ugly... anyway hope Trevor or Matt can confirm if its THUYA BURR.
      The pink ivory is my TW in order, hopefully will be here in a week - as A VIP... will let you all know my impression once will give it a try. cant wait!
      Last edited by Asi; 10 March 2009, 11:09 AM.
      Proud winner of the 2009 Premier League Semi-Final Prediction Contest

Comment

• Hi Asi,

Glad to have helped.

Yes, I can see the attraction of that piece of wood, it's the nicest piece of Thuya burr I've seen, too.

You're right, it's not the prettiest clock in the world, is it? Who would buy that I wonder?

So, you ordered the Statesman's Cue, did you? It's a great-looking cue, no doubt about that. It's one of my favourites of all Trev's cues. What specs did you order it in? 3/4, 1 piece? I hope it comes asap for you and that it'll play as good as it looks. If it does then you might just forget your Northwest cue, eh? Lol
        Il n'y a pas de problemes; il n'y a que des solutions qu'on n'a pas encore trouvées.

"Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put in a fruit salad." Brian O'Driscoll.

Comment

• Keith,

You must have read my mind. I was going to quis you on the types of wood used on the cues, for further reference. I had better start saving for my dream cue. My cue is an Ultimate that has Olivewood, Kingwood and Maple for the front splice. Then Kingwood, Rosewood and Maple. These alternate as you go around the butt. It is probably a good thing that I didn’t know about all these decorative woods when I ordered or the price of the cue would have sky rocketed.

Also on the badge along with John Parris Ultimate Cue, it has the number 424. Does it signify it was the 424th Ultimate he made? Are his new Ultimates numbered?

Just curious, why do some posted pictures show up as a thumbnail and others, like yours show up larger.

Again Keith, beautiful cues.

Mike

Comment

• i hosted the pictures on photobucket and linked them into the message with img tags. Its alright having 1 pic as a thumbnail but i thought there were quite a few pics so it would be easier to see them all on the 1 page.
            sigpic A Truly Beakerific Long Pot Sir!

Comment

• I want a new cue too.

=o|

Noel

Comment

• Alia, baby, I'm not depressed... I just really really NEED a new cue.

=o)

Noel

Comment

• Help Mates.... ADVICE NEEDED!...

Will a 3/4 57" TW cue fit into a doghouse?

=o\

Noel

Comment

• why yes, but i dont think the snooker table to go with it will
                    sigpic A Truly Beakerific Long Pot Sir!

Comment

• Sorry if this has been asked, it's a long thread to trawl through. For many of the pictures, I'm just getting a box with "attached images" at the top of it on blue, but no image.

Am working on the theory that it's my settings but don't know what to change.

Comment

• Originally Posted by KeithinFrance View Post
                        Hi Asi,

Glad to have helped.

Yes, I can see the attraction of that piece of wood, it's the nicest piece of Thuya burr I've seen, too.

You're right, it's not the prettiest clock in the world, is it? Who would buy that I wonder?

So, you ordered the Statesman's Cue, did you? It's a great-looking cue, no doubt about that. It's one of my favourites of all Trev's cues. What specs did you order it in? 3/4, 1 piece? I hope it comes asap for you and that it'll play as good as it looks. If it does then you might just forget your Northwest cue, eh? Lol
                        Hi Keith,

Yes its the pink ivory cue I am waiting for- very unique and great designed!
                        the spec's are: 3/4 ash. 58" long jointed at 16", 9.7 tip, 30.2 butt diameter, 18.5 oz, bright pink ivory.really cant wait to have it but Trevor is such a perfectionist that I cant complain only to be grateful for his efforts and talent.
                        Will let you know how it is, I am sure its as good as it gets!

As for the Thuya burr, I hope Trevor or the owner can confirm if its Dark Thuya Burr or other timber
                        Last edited by Asi; 10 March 2009, 06:34 PM.
                        Proud winner of the 2009 Premier League Semi-Final Prediction Contest

Comment

• Originally Posted by Mike P View Post
                          Keith, Hi Mike!

You must have read my mind. I was going to quis you on the types of wood used on the cues, for further reference. If you want any more info just ask!I had better start saving for my dream cue. Lol I know how that feels!My cue is an Ultimate that has Olivewood, Kingwood and Maple for the front splice. Then Kingwood, Rosewood and Maple. These alternate as you go around the butt. It is probably a good thing that I didn’t know about all these decorative woods when I ordered or the price of the cue would have sky rocketed.It sounds very complicated already! It's an unusual design. Any chance of some clearer photos?

Also on the badge along with John Parris Ultimate Cue, it has the number 424. Does it signify it was the 424th Ultimate he made?Yes. Are his new Ultimates numbered?Yip!

Just curious, why do some posted pictures show up as a thumbnail and others, like yours show up larger.Ask Rob, he did the work.

Again Keith, beautiful cues.Thanks very much on behalf of the owners, the makers and myself!

Mike
                          I'm glad you like them, they are a nice selection. I've got some other cues I can photo if/when I get a digital camera. I can also photo other cues I ordered for friends too.

Keith
                          Last edited by KeithinFrance; 10 March 2009, 07:32 PM.

Comment

• Originally Posted by noel View Post
                            Help Mates.... ADVICE NEEDED!...

Will a 3/4 57" TW cue fit into a doghouse?
                            =o\

Noel
                            Noel, how big of a dog do you have, do you have a garage?

There is a chance I will be in Toronto Monday evening and possibly (if my daughter doesn’t have me playing chauffer) have some free time. Are you interested in getting together for a game?

Mike

Comment

• Keith,

If I don’t spend all evening on here, I’ll take some pictures after some practice. I mentioned in another thread that I have a Master Custom on the way, but I can see another cue in the near future. I roast and sell coffee as a hobby and used the money on the Master. I can see its time to look for more clients.

Mike

Comment

• Originally Posted by RGCirencester View Post
                                i hosted the pictures on photobucket and linked them into the message with img tags. Its alright having 1 pic as a thumbnail but i thought there were quite a few pics so it would be easier to see them all on the 1 page.
                                Rob,

Thanks for the advice on how to post pictures. If my brain is still functioning later I’ll give it a try.

Mike

Comment

Working...
                                X