Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This thread is about folk posting photos of their cue and hoping everyone will say how lovely it looks,
    Most times we are very nice people and we often lie and say its nice when we think its not. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder I am told, therefore I'm off to specsavers
    "When everything seems to be going against you, remember that the airplane takes off against the wind, not with it." - Henry Ford

Comment

• Originally Posted by Maverick54 View Post
      This thread is about folk posting photos of their cue and hoping everyone will say how lovely it looks,
      Most times we are very nice people and we often lie and say its nice when we think its not. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder I am told, therefore I'm off to specsavers
      Ive always been me if I like or dislike a persons cue I'll tell them straight and won't pussy foot around with lies just to make them feel better neither.

Comment

• Originally Posted by I just want a ton! View Post
        Incredible amount of contrast on the thread regarding the cue! Some dislike, some praise. For me it was about creating a cue unique to me, an individual cue, something I liked.
        I've played for years now, obviously with a cheaper cues to start with then started to "mess" around with other Cues. I bought a craftsman cue when I first laid out a bit of serious cash, £300 Inc extensions and Case.
        I moved on a couple of years later to a Parris Regency Cue, the quality of finish was completely different, it felt like a totally different tool. As soon as I began playing with it, I felt my game change. I used to take both Cues, play a frame with one cue, then play a frame with the other, just so I could physically feel the difference and make sure I wasn't imagining it!!
        The Ultimate again feels different, with someone of my standard, it's not going to be a massive game changer, practice is the only thing that's going to move things further forward now, but having confidence in the cue is also a massive boost to anyone's game.
        I've tried, 1 piece, 3/4, single splice, multiple splice, of some very nice cue manufacturers. They all felt nice in my hands, but I wanted my "own".
        So be it praise, or negative comments towards the cue, it matters not, as it wasn't about pleasing anyone but myself.
        I designed it, I like it, it feels great to me, it's time to go beat my highest break!
        Ramon, the spec is 58" 3/4 cue, 20oz weight, 9.5mm tip.
        Liking the length, I'm guessing your around 6 foot then? The tip is spot on for snooker, none of that 9mm pool nonsense. Weight, she's a heavy one. Sorry for another question but where is the balance point (BP) when you hold the cue on one finger? I'd be interested to know if JP has achieved forward balance despite the weight inside the cue?

Comment

• I just want a ton:

When it's on the table, is there a gap between the ferrule and the table or is the ferrule flat down into the cloth? It looks like a nice taper to me, not too linear but photos can be deceptive. I'd be interested to know the sort of taper applied. Cheers.

Comment

• Dead right Leo. If anyone post pics of their cue surely it is to get honest opinions as to what folk think of their cue as no one wants to be lied to do they?

It is just folks personal opinion and dusn't matter a jot, its what the cues owner thinks that matters and if he's happy with it that's great.

Just in case anyone was mistaking my art of tact and diplomacy for me sitting on the fence I will just say that in MY personal opinion it looks grotesque, but perhaps I don't see what others do.
            "When everything seems to be going against you, remember that the airplane takes off against the wind, not with it." - Henry Ford

Comment

• Hey, just want a ton, how long did you have to wait for your cue, if you don't mind me asking?

Comment

• Originally Posted by cueman View Post
                Hey, just want a ton, how long did you have to wait for your cue, if you don't mind me asking?
                He said 20mths, some pages ago mate. Not that long these days. Must have hit a quiet period when ordering.

Comment

• **Post Pictures of your cue!**

nope just bought another lathe

Comment

• Originally Posted by golferson123 View Post
                    nope just bought another lathe
                    hehehehe!
                    Please share the proof that JP cues use lathes to cut JPU shafts. We'd all be interested.

Comment

• **Post Pictures of your cue!**

watch the video and look for the centre marks

Comment

• what video ?

Comment

• Just an idea but maybe JPU owners should blot out the numbers using photoshop etc before posting photos. If the fakers don't have the numbers, they will find it more difficult to make a fake that also matches up with the cue design which will make it easier for owners and TSF to spot fakes and call them out.

We can't stop em buying real JPUs and faking those cues though.
                          Last edited by Master Blaster; 9 June 2015, 08:59 AM.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Master Blaster View Post
                            Just an idea but maybe JPU owners should blot out the numbers using photoshop etc before posting photos. If the fakers don't have the numbers, they will find it more difficult to make a fake that also matches up with the cue design which will make it easier for owners and TSF to spot fakes and call them out.

We can't stop em buying real JPUs and faking those cues though.
                            How will anyone know which is real tho?

Comment

• Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
                              How will anyone know which is real tho?
                              The one with accurate splicing is the fake

Comment

• To any cuemakers out there a serious question... Let's say the bear has a team in his workshop for arguments sake let's say 4, my question is how many cues could they knock out a week if they wanted to?

Comment

Working...
                                X