Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nice pics mate ...........not sure which badge colour i prefer . Both look good .

Finish looks excellent in those pics , couldn't get my images that good .
    Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

• Yes a like the but joints aswell
      Current playing cue Trevor White
      3/4 ash cue

Comment

• Nice cues lads
        Like the white badge too, butt joint looks virtually identical to Wooldridge ??

Comment

• Just saw reg website and he's increased his prices. The plain ebony are now £340. Prices increasing everywhere

Comment

• That's still a fair price in my opinion for a handmade UK Cue .

What do you think Thai Son ??? Good price ?

Comment

• Looks like the RW cue has taken a lead from Mike Wooldridge's f1 joint with the lettering around it.

Comment

• From Reg's website :

A new "Signature" Joint, this joint I designed back in 1993. It's universal (used as a 3/4 joint or for the extension) It's made out of aircraft aluminium to maintain the natural forward balance of the cue. The joint has a rebate in the flange to give the shaft strength to stop it splitting. The joint is engraved with a unique number and also anodised.
                Last edited by Neil Taperell; 24 March 2017, 02:49 PM.

Comment

• Originally Posted by neil taperell View Post
                  From Reg's website :

A new "Signature" Joint, this joint I designed back in 1993. It's universal (used as a 3/4 joint or for the extension) It's made out of aircraft aluminium to maintain the natural forward balance of the cue. The joint has a rebate in the flange to give the shaft strength to stop it splitting. The joint is engraved with a unique number and also anodised.
                  Hmm, think i'll take that with a pinch of salt. Not incredibly believable considering the f1 joint has been out a while and this looks very much like it and has only recently surfaced.

Comment

• Originally Posted by neil taperell View Post
                    That's still a fair price in my opinion for a handmade UK Cue .

What do you think Thai Son ??? Good price ?
                    I think it depends on the quality or where you rate the cues. Many years ago I sold a couple of cues badged up by ADR which were from mastercraft. If those were priced at £300, I wouldn't say they are worth it.

Parris charges £320 for a classic and robert charges £300 for a plain ebony red plate. I'd say if the cue matches craftsmanship and playability i'd say its worth it.

If the cue excels and the craftsmanship is lets say the same as an osborne green plate, then id say its a bargain haha.

I don't really know, i guess id have to see his cues individually and think if its worth the price.

the cue you have, i guess it was priced at £540 as was seen in his workshop. Osborne has his green plates starting at £500. do you think the craftsmanship or selection of shaft is on par with an osborne black plate for example. if it is then i think at the price its a bargain.

difficult one though tbh as reg isnt as known as other cue makers i suppose.

Comment

• Originally Posted by thai_son22 View Post
                      I think it depends on the quality or where you rate the cues. Many years ago I sold a couple of cues badged up by ADR which were from mastercraft. If those were priced at £300, I wouldn't say they are worth it.

Parris charges £320 for a classic and robert charges £300 for a plain ebony red plate. I'd say if the cue matches craftsmanship and playability i'd say its worth it.

If the cue excels and the craftsmanship is lets say the same as an osborne green plate, then id say its a bargain haha.

I don't really know, i guess id have to see his cues individually and think if its worth the price.

the cue you have, i guess it was priced at £540 as was seen in his workshop. Osborne has his green plates starting at £500. do you think the craftsmanship or selection of shaft is on par with an osborne black plate for example. if it is then i think at the price its a bargain.

Just to add that £320 for a Parris classic only applies to 3/4, a 1pc as discussed earlier is a different realm completely in terms of cost. Not sure how much Osborne's pricing is affected by jointing if at all.

Comment

• Very very nice looking cues those.
                        This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
                        https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

• Originally Posted by thai_son22 View Post

Excellent post , the thing with Robert is that you can't order a cue from him . Unless you go to his shop and he has one that he wants to sell .

Comment

• New Reg Wright Cue. 002 Exquisite. Saw a couple had posted their new cues from Reg. So here's mine.

http://i1149.photobucket.com/albums/...40_resized.jpg

http://i1149.photobucket.com/albums/...30_resized.jpg

Always a pleasure

Comment

• My new MAC cue by Richy McDonald.

Hope you like it. Cos it's quality in the flesh
                              Always a pleasure

Comment

• Originally Posted by Saint Michael View Post
                                New Reg Wright Cue. 002 Exquisite. Saw a couple had posted their new cues from Reg. So here's mine.

http://i1149.photobucket.com/albums/...40_resized.jpg

http://i1149.photobucket.com/albums/...30_resized.jpg

Nice black badge, toss up now between that and the white version..... Hmm

Comment

Working...
                                X