X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally Posted by billabong View Post
    New Andy Hunter cue, Nonpareil & old snakewood front spliced Mannock

There's an old guy in my club who would love that mannock, in his 70's but still likes to play.

Comment

• Back from its refinish

Comment

• Very nice mate

Comment

• Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
          First Crispian Jones cue iv'e had, attention to detail is just as good as his cases
          Sorry for big pics, can't get used to this tinypic site (maybe should change it's name to massivepic !!)
          Nice looking cue. How does it play?

Comment

• I'm curious too...I've seen how beautiful his cues are but am keen to hear what people think about the playability compared with TW and MW?

Comment

• Originally Posted by cpserrao View Post
              Nice looking cue. How does it play?
              Originally Posted by anish147 View Post
              I'm curious too...I've seen how beautiful his cues are but am keen to hear what people think about the playability compared with TW and MW?
              Well with my new tip on it played really well last night, it is a fair bit chunkier (nearly 10 mm ferrule) than my usual cue and consequently a fair bit stiffer too, but the balls kept going in so that makes it a success in my book. One of the better players had a go too and he loved it. Another friend is borrowing it tonight and going on looks alone he is very impressed with it.
              Hard to compare it to other cue makers as all cues play different anyway, the TW's iv'e had played terrible, far too stiff and lifeless (but that's just my opinion on them, others may love them), my regular playing cue came from Mike and is still the best cue (that suits me) iv'e had.

Comment

• its such a shame all the pictures dont work anymore. well majority of them. i use to enjoy going through this thread. i remember seeing it when it was first opened!

Comment

• Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
                  Hard to compare it to other cue makers as all cues play different anyway, the TW's iv'e had played terrible, far too stiff and lifeless (but that's just my opinion on them, others may love them), my regular playing cue came from Mike and is still the best cue (that suits me) iv'e had.
                  Same. I’ve had 3 TWs and for me they were awful. Very stiff and couldn’t get much action on the white. Got a Wooldridge with brass ferrule now and it plays very well.

Comment

• Interesting. I'm still hunting for my preferred cue and searching for the tip to go with it. I agree that cues are different even when made by the same cuemaker, but i have to say my TWs are stiff but responsive. Testing out two MWs now - as stiff if not more so, but still good feel and cb reaction. Glover, Maximus, Hunter and TP also quality. Hard to decide but will eventually settle on my favourite

Comment

• I'm not one normally for veneers, but that Crispian cue is a beaut.

Comment

• that crispian is mint!! I actually have one on order, due October I hope. cant wait to add it too my collection. his splice work on cues ive seen in hand are tremendous. hope he doesn't have an off day haha

Comment

• Originally Posted by billabong View Post
                          New Andy Hunter cue, Nonpareil & old snakewood front spliced Mannock

any of them for sale?

Comment

• Treated myself to this today.
                            Maple with 4 wenge splices. 9.5mm tip.
                            Mastercraft Maple 3/4
                            55 inch
                            9.5mm tip
                            Cuecraft case
                            Pro triangle chalk

Comment

• http://ibb.co/ddhfk7
                              Mastercraft Maple 3/4
                              55 inch
                              9.5mm tip
                              Cuecraft case
                              Pro triangle chalk

Comment

• Originally Posted by chidles2 View Post
                                Treated myself to this today.
                                Maple with 4 wenge splices. 9.5mm tip.
                                Nice cue, how much did you pay for this and how long did you wait?

Comment

Working...
                                X