• Show
Clear All

• Originally Posted by daniel147 View Post
    they dont have any, lol......

Someone must have made them or do you not know

Comment

• Originally Posted by Hazard View Post
      https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/one-piece...-/202272133192

See this up for sale today, I would probably be happier to accept less for mine.

What do you guys think?

I ordered mine direct from Ton Praram before they became available in the U.K. but for some reason have in my head that they just stuck a beyond badge on it. The finish to me doesn’t look as good as other beyond cues, what do you guys think?

I don’t want to put it up for sale and rip someone off if it is not the real thing.

Any help appreciated
      Guy is on fourm.who has that cue buddy its brand new came highly recommend
      Current playing cue Trevor White
      3/4 ash cue

Comment

• I wasn’t looking to buy it, I was wondering what my cue would be worth compared to that one. Mines a Beyond and I was asking others opinions on what mine would be worth once I have had it refinished and a new ferrule put on.

Comment

• Cues are only worth what people will pay unles its a high end cue maker like jp or tw .osbourn ect but tom praram cues are defo up there pall
          Current playing cue Trevor White
          3/4 ash cue

Comment

• Cheers just need to send it away so that it’s in perfect condition for sale.

Comment

I wasn’t looking to buy it, I was wondering what my cue would be worth compared to that one. Mines a Beyond and I was asking others opinions on what mine would be worth once I have had it refinished and a new ferrule put on.
              Need to see pics and specs on your cue before a value can be given, they do not hold their value as much as you might hope

Comment

• Pics and specs here

http://www.thesnookerforum.co.uk/boa...756#post958756

Comment

Ahh yes iv'e seen that before, nice looking cue.
                  If you are feeling brave ebay it 99p start
                  Or £500 buy it now or best offer see what response you get

Comment

• Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
                    Ahh yes iv'e seen that before, nice looking cue.
                    If you are feeling brave ebay it 99p start
                    Or £500 buy it now or best offer see what response you get
                    See even thought it’s a very nice cue I rate gbl, maximus and praram cues as good as any but I would not pay more than 300 for that cue because as jrc750 said they just don’t hold the value. Even though 95% of the time better than say Parris cues ( I play with a maximus) Parris will always hold their resale value.

My cue is a maximus legend plus greenbaize is selling them at around £300/320 I paid £200 for mine just as good as new absolutely beautiful cue but just don’t hold their original value.

Comment

• The cheapest beyond cue on greenbaize is £450 and that’s with plain ebony, so don’t want to let it go to cheap.

Comment

• **Post Pictures of your cue!**

I have just got a delivery of custom cues from Thailand. these are as good as any thai cues and just not as dear as tp.
                        I also sell tom cues from Thailand and without a doubt the best value imo

Comment

The cheapest beyond cue on greenbaize is £450 and that’s with plain ebony, so don’t want to let it go to cheap.
                          That’s the problem Thai cues are getting expensive to buy new but when you come to sell them out they just don’t go for what there worth you pay £500 for a maximus ultimate imo you would be lucky to get 300/320 on eBay.

Comment

• Originally Posted by ste bed View Post
                            That’s the problem Thai cues are getting expensive to buy new but when you come to sell them out they just don’t go for what there worth you pay £500 for a maximus ultimate imo you would be lucky to get 300/320 on eBay.
                            The problem is (unless you're a dealer) why buy a cue for £500 only to then sell it on. Buy it, learn its characteristics, keep the bloody thing and improve your game. If a cue isn't working for you then you're probably moving on the shot.

People on this forum seem to be fashion conscious on cues as well as being badge snobs, there's nothing about a Thai cue that makes it any better than a cue from anywhere else in the world. Wood is wood the whole world over and making a cue isn't a mystical oriental art, just basic woodcraft.
                            I do believe that if many british makers dropped their prices to something approaching reality rather than asking for a price that someone somewhere in the far east flushed with new money is prepared to pay, then a lot more british people would be buying and playing with british hand made cues.
                            Come on peeps, support your home market.
                            Speak up, you've got to speak up against the madness, you've got speak your mind if you dare
                            but don't try to get yourself elected, for if you do you'll have to cut your hair

Comment

• Originally Posted by vmax View Post
                              The problem is (unless you're a dealer) why buy a cue for £500 only to then sell it on. Buy it, learn its characteristics, keep the bloody thing and improve your game. If a cue isn't working for you then you're probably moving on the shot.

People on this forum seem to be fashion conscious on cues as well as being badge snobs, there's nothing about a Thai cue that makes it any better than a cue from anywhere else in the world. Wood is wood the whole world over and making a cue isn't a mystical oriental art, just basic woodcraft.
                              I do believe that if many british makers dropped their prices to something approaching reality rather than asking for a price that someone somewhere in the far east flushed with new money is prepared to pay, then a lot more british people would be buying and playing with british hand made cues.
                              well said mate!!!
                              http://e.imagehost.org/0813/Mellow_yellow_sig1.jpg

Comment

• Originally Posted by vmax View Post

Because that’s what people do on here buy cues at ridiculous prices only to sell them on in a few weeks as it’s not theone. I agree with you give it a fair chance play with it and get used to it. About Thai cues not being better than anywhere else in the world I have to disagree I personally think they are better made the quality of wood is better and their attention to detail is better and their craftsmanship better not saying all Thai cues are as some of the top British maker do make nice cues. I do agree with you on price some of the prices of British cues are ridiculous and some of the waiting times are a joke. But I think that comes from people ordering cues when they don’t even know what they really want spec wise or just want to try something different. Take a day out go to somewhere like greenbaize cues and try some and fine out exactly what you want beforehand.

Comment

Working...
                                X