This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally Posted by hotpot View Post

Hi Mike i,ve ordered a cue from Dan also , his cues do look lovely ,and he,s very helpful aswell . What design are you having mate
    looking at Dan's work I thought the best idea was to let Dan do something unique, that he thought would like nice so he came up with the idea of using 2 pieces of Pau Rosa that are bookmatched (Mirror image) use them as a splice with 3 veneers between between them. all on a thick Maple veneer.

Can't wait to see the finished masterpiece!! What about you Hotpot?????

Comment

• Lot of ppl try it,but some of them said it is not much cue power.
      I have requested Robin don't made it too much power,coz I always play the white ball too much.That is the main point that I "CUSTOM MADE" the cue.
      The cue is SUIT for yourself...
      "要有非凡既生活就要有非凡既付出"
      it means
      "If u want to have a extraordinary life,u must have a extraordinary devote"

Comment

• Originally Posted by mike.crowe View Post
        looking at Dan's work I thought the best idea was to let Dan do something unique, that he thought would like nice so he came up with the idea of using 2 pieces of Pau Rosa that are bookmatched (Mirror image) use them as a splice with 3 veneers between between them. all on a thick Maple veneer.

I,m just having one cocobola splice with thick maple veneer

Comment

I,m just having one cocobola splice with thick maple veneer
          Similar to the cue in his album??

Comment

• Originally Posted by dantuck_7 View Post
            Yep it's thuya. Wish I'd gone for air-lock for the main joint as well. Might get Dan to do some more work on it!
            You wish you had the phut on both joints don't you

Originally Posted by mike.crowe View Post

I can't wait to see either... Pau's number 1 fan
            sigpic A Truly Beakerific Long Pot Sir!

Comment

• Yea thats the one .I have,nt decided on my specs yet . I,ve picked the cocobola lovely piece of wood with an orangy colour to it .

Comment

• I must admit that cue does look good! As far as Dan Shelton is concerned I can see him being the next big thing as far as cue making is concerned. Watch out John, Trevor and Mike!!! Theres a new guy in town........

Comment

• Dan Shelton is making cue just as his hobby. Hopefully he is still keep making cue for the next 10 years...because I want to oreder a custom cue from him too...

Keep it up Dan...!!!
                  My cueing sucks

Comment

• Any more Robin and Dan cues out there ??

More pictures

Comment

• Originally Posted by Freddie Ng View Post
                      Any more Robin and Dan cues out there ??

More pictures
                      very much soon mate.!!!
                      "Life Its the best teacher. And when something fcuk's up there is no undo button" ... D.S!!!

Comment

• Originally Posted by brendan147 View Post
                        Dan Shelton is making cue just as his hobby. Hopefully he is still keep making cue for the next 10 years...because I want to oreder a custom cue from him too...

Keep it up Dan...!!!
                        hey Brandan147... hope you dont keep no grudges on me???

i met Dan in person and he is a top bloke just like Trevor!!! absolute pleasure to deal with!!! very recommended indeed!!!

after i will receive my Trevor White ... my next cue will be definitely from DAN!!!

cheers Vlad
                        "Life Its the best teacher. And when something fcuk's up there is no undo button" ... D.S!!!

Comment

• Originally Posted by mike.crowe View Post
                          I must admit that cue does look good! As far as Dan Shelton is concerned I can see him being the next big thing as far as cue making is concerned. Watch out John, Trevor and Mike!!! Theres a new guy in town........
                          IMO Dan is in the same league as trevor and mike bottom line !!! ask me WHY???

coz DAN is very passionate about what he does.. and when someone like Dan does what he loves to do or make him happy while he is doing that...then you can expect an absolute masterpiece anytime he touches the dead piece of wood.!!!

best regards to you all lads!!!

Comment

Yea thats the one .I have,nt decided on my specs yet . I,ve picked the cocobola lovely piece of wood with an orangy colour to it .
                            thats the way to go mate ... coz cocobolo wood soon will be not available for sale or very hard to get hold of.

Comment

• Yeah... I wish!
                              http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...9Signature.jpg

Comment

• Originally Posted by vladimir007 View Post
                                thats the way to go mate ... coz cocobolo wood soon will be not available for sale or very hard to get hold of.
                                Was,nt aware of that , seems like i,ve made the right choice for once .
                                love the look of cocobola .
                                Last edited by hotpot; 10 February 2010, 08:20 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X