This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally Posted by vladimir007 View Post
    IMO Dan is in the same league as trevor and mike bottom line !!! ask me WHY???

coz DAN is very passionate about what he does.. and when someone like Dan does what he loves to do or make him happy while he is doing that...then you can expect an absolute masterpiece anytime he touches the dead piece of wood.!!!

best regards to you all lads!!!
    That is very nice words Vlad. But you really cannot compare me to those guys. They have been doing their work for many many years. I still have issues with somethings, others not so much. But i will not let a cue go until IM happy with it to go.

There were some early teething problems, ADR for example sent me his Parris main playing cue. All i was to do was add a splice. Whilst turning it the ebony shattered and destroyed the butt. Its not happened again (Touch wood) and i know what i did wrong.

That is the thing. You can work on a computer and if something goes wrong you can undo. Mess something up on a cue and its either destroyed and back to the beginning, or alot more work involved. But that is part of learning. There was not one cuemaker i had spoken to who said "Thats never happened to me". Like the saying goes you learn from your mistakes.
    sigpic <---New Website
    Dan Shelton Cues on Facebook

Comment

• Originally Posted by totlxtc View Post
      That is very nice words Vlad. But you really cannot compare me to those guys. They have been doing their work for many many years. I still have issues with somethings, others not so much. But i will not let a cue go until IM happy with it to go.

There were some early teething problems, ADR for example sent me his Parris main playing cue. All i was to do was add a splice. Whilst turning it the ebony shattered and destroyed the butt. Its not happened again (Touch wood) and i know what i did wrong.

That is the thing. You can work on a computer and if something goes wrong you can undo. Mess something up on a cue and its either destroyed and back to the beginning, or alot more work involved. But that is part of learning. There was not one cuemaker i had spoken to who said "Thats never happened to me". Like the saying goes you learn from your mistakes.
      ummm thats not the first cue of mine you have broken either is it!
      https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

• Originally Posted by ADR147 View Post
        ummm thats not the first cue of mine you have broken either is it!
        Um...No...Like i said I was learning....Im just thankful they were not all Parris or Trevor cues. Happy to say that its all going well. And you will get all you are owed.
        sigpic <---New Website

Comment

• Originally Posted by totlxtc View Post
          Um...No...Like i said I was learning....Im just thankful they were not all Parris or Trevor cues. Happy to say that its all going well. And you will get all you are owed.
          well i will be proud to say i funded your education!
          https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

• Adr just ordered some pro granite tips off you , any chance you could slip an extra one in by mistake , lol:snooker:

erneil

Comment

• Originally Posted by hotpot View Post
              Adr just ordered some pro granite tips off you , any chance you could slip an extra one in by mistake , lol:snooker:

erneil
              I guess you will want one on your cue aswell then as i got a load this week off of Andrew :snooker:
              sigpic <---New Website

Comment

• Yes please Dan , lovely chap aye

Comment

• The guys a star but don't tell him that....terrible ego
                  sigpic <---New Website

Comment

• Keep that cocobola safe now Dan

Comment

• Originally Posted by vladimir007 View Post
                      hey Brandan147... hope you dont keep no grudges on me???

i met Dan in person and he is a top bloke just like Trevor!!! absolute pleasure to deal with!!! very recommended indeed!!!

after i will receive my Trevor White ... my next cue will be definitely from DAN!!!

cheers Vlad
                      Dude, I put Dan Shelton cue in my list long time ago, above MW, TW and H&O. My next cue project will be his. I have done with my first one with Uncle Thai.

Kampai...!!!!
                      My cueing sucks

Comment

• Originally Posted by brendan147 View Post
                        Dude, I put Dan Shelton cue in my list long time ago, above MW, TW and H&O. My next cue project will be his. I have done with my first one with Uncle Thai.

Kampai...!!!!
                        Pardon me if i got it wrong but you only know about Dan shelton like just a few weeks ago.

And have you seen of tried any of his cue? be it MW, TW or even H&O...
                        I count myself lucky that i have friends who own MW, H&O and even more fortunate to have own TW, H&O & also a few parris.
                        On what context do you rate your priority?
                        Are you listing them in term of pricing or in term of craftsmanship.

Comment

• Originally Posted by willytan View Post
                          Pardon me if i got it wrong but you only know about Dan shelton like just a few weeks ago.

I count myself lucky that i have friends who own MW, H&O and even more fortunate to have own TW, H&O & also a few parris.

i think hes collecting cue based on 'rareness' and value. like UT wont b making cues for all that long, and dan shelton, well he only makes one at a time for people. so i guess he wants to get in line first. u r certainly lucky to hav the privelage of trying those cues. only MW cue ive seen is a butterfly spliced one, beautiful cue indeed. i think brendan knows it will b a while before MQ or TW or H&O go out of business, or stop making cues.

Comment

• Originally Posted by willytan View Post

You're definitely wrong. I knew Dan Shelton since last year. If you don't believe me, why not PM him and ask? I had discussion with him about my cue project around November 2009 I think...can't really remember. Have to postponed it though to give way for my UT's cue project first.

As far for the rate for H&O, MW and TW goes, you already know that many members in TSF already answered that for you. Craftmanship of course...

Cheers...

Originally Posted by BoBnoGG!n View Post
                            i think hes collecting cue based on 'rareness' and value. like UT wont b making cues for all that long, and dan shelton, well he only makes one at a time for people. so i guess he wants to get in line first. u r certainly lucky to hav the privelage of trying those cues. only MW cue ive seen is a butterfly spliced one, beautiful cue indeed. i think brendan knows it will b a while before MQ or TW or H&O go out of business, or stop making cues.
                            Bingo....!!! You got that right mate...!!! Another advantage about Dan Shelton is you can ask him to find the "very rare exotic" wood with his reply something like "OK" and/or "NO PROBLEM". He is a "woodaholic" (can't find any correct/better word to describe it)...!!!

Few words for Dan: Keep up your great hobby boss......!!!
                            Last edited by brendan147; 11 February 2010, 05:07 AM.
                            My cueing sucks

Comment

• Good to have cue makers that still have those rare exotic wood.
                              Keep more of those burl ebony and cocobula..

Hopefully there is still some for me

Comment

• Originally Posted by Freddie Ng View Post
                                Good to have cue makers that still have those rare exotic wood.
                                Keep more of those burl ebony and cocobula..

Hopefully there is still some for me
                                it is cocobolo mate...

Why not send your City Boy to Dan Shelton for resplice work and mini butt? Let him comment how good/bad Malaysian made cue is...

Good idea?
                                My cueing sucks

Comment

Working...
                                X