This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 9mm tip snooker or pool Greg ?
    Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

• Originally Posted by Greg M View Post
      filedata/fetch?id=1000091&d=1595374925&type=thumb

After months of indecisiveness on splice designs and specifications and five weeks of waiting, my custom Peradon pool cue arrived today. I am over the moon with this thing.

Custom Peradon
      • 57"
      • One-piece
      • 9mm (Elk Master Pro)
      • 17.5oz

(Trying to upload images on this site is like pulling teeth. 200kb is the limit... Really?)
      Glad you're pleased with it. I have a lovely Peradon (Salisbury I think) and I toyed with the idea of one of their bespoke cues but was a bit worried about the ash shaft as I've seen a real mixed bag of nice and really not very nice on their cues on racks in various shops. Part of me would order a JP to my "ideal" design but the prospect of waiting over a year just doesn't work for me (plus, no matter how I try and on numerous devices I've lost count, I can't make Parris cue builder work)

Comment

• 9mm tip snooker or pool Greg?
        Pool, Neil. I doubt I'll be using this one for the snooker table, since I already own a heavier, longer and thicker tipped Woods cue for that. So, yeah, looks like it'll just be for English eight-ball.

Originally Posted by trying View Post

Glad you're pleased with it. I have a lovely Peradon (Salisbury I think) and I toyed with the idea of one of their bespoke cues but was a bit worried about the ash shaft as I've seen a real mixed bag of nice and really not very nice on their cues on racks in various shops. Part of me would order a JP to my "ideal" design but the prospect of waiting over a year just doesn't work for me (plus, no matter how I try and on numerous devices I've lost count, I can't make Parris cue builder work)
        I went with a P60 shaft to be on the safe side. It's a little darker than I had anticipated, but it looks lovely.

Out of all the range of stock cues Peradon do, their Salisbury is up there as one of my favourites. I was even considering getting a kingwood splice instead of the padauk one I went with to make it somewhat resemble a once-piece Salisbury.

Parris' cue builder works fine for me. You could try adjusting your Flash player settings and allow its permissions to access the cue builder.
        Dublin, Ireland • English pool (WPA)
        PLAYING CUE (MAIN): Custom Jason Owen - #1384 (one-piece • 57" • 8.4mm • 17oz)
        PLAYING CUE (BACKUP): Custom Peradon (one-piece • 57" • 8.7mm • 17.5oz)
        BREAK CUE: Custom Jason Owen (one-piece • 58" • 10mm • 16oz)​

Comment

• Originally Posted by Greg M View Post

Parris' cue builder works fine for me. You could try adjusting your Flash player settings and allow its permissions to access the cue builder.
          Yes, tried allsorts, to no avail. Flash player is old hat now and so I'm guessing Parris will have to find an alternative soon.

Comment

• Here she is!

SP Limited 105 1 piece ash cue
            58"
            Ebony butt with 7 colour Siam splicing
            9.5mm tip
            18.3oz
            Butt 30mm
            Balance 18"

Comment

• Very nice Steve , loving the splice wood
              Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

• Hows the shaft on it Steve.? I tried a few SP cues yesterday at GBL and they were like stiff rods. Obviously some people like that.

My friend walked away with a Maximus Ultimate

I had a titanium ferrule fitted to my Maximus Legend Plus
                THEY ARE UNBELIEVABLE

My cue has now gone from having nearly 3/4 balls throw on firm shots to less than a 1/4 ball. Zero throw on slow pace shots
                Maximus Legend Plus : Ebony butt with Ovangkol front wedge and thick maple veneer : Premium ash shaft : Tip 9.45 mm Talisman Trinity Soft, length 58″, weight 18.4 oz, butt diameter 29.4 mm, balance 18″

Comment

• Think I would play with your cue badge down Steve, like the look of the shaft that way up.
                  This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
                  https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

• Originally Posted by sk1nnym0nkey View Post
                    Hows the shaft on it Steve.? I tried a few SP cues yesterday at GBL and they were like stiff rods. Obviously some people like that.

THEY ARE UNBELIEVABLE

My cue has now gone from having nearly 3/4 balls throw on firm shots to less than a 1/4 ball. Zero throw on slow pace shots
                    The shaft is quite stiff, when I tried it in the shop it felt the least stiff of the SP cues, but all the SP’s where fitted with rock hard tips which I think made them seem extra stiff. Stu swapped the tip out for an Elkmaster and it played much better!

I think I was just in the shop so long that the chap in the back room went home! So I didn’t think to ask for the titanium ferrule assuming he was probably the man who carried out the job?? Never mind!

Comment

• Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post
                      Think I would play with your cue badge down Steve, like the look of the shaft that way up.
                      The grain pattern is a bit weird for sure but it makes it unique! I’m not too bothered about the looks, so long as there is an arrow near the end in my eye line then that’s all I need. I’ve tried playing with my old cue badge down but I just prefer the feel of the butt badge up..

Comment

• Originally Posted by sk1nnym0nkey View Post
                        Hows the shaft on it Steve.? I tried a few SP cues yesterday at GBL and they were like stiff rods. Obviously some people like that.

THEY ARE UNBELIEVABLE

Your Legend Plus isn’t the one they had with the two yellow stripe veneers by any chance???

Comment

• Originally Posted by Danger Steve View Post

Your Legend Plus isn’t the one they had with the two yellow stripe veneers by any chance???
                          No. I bought mine from Stu 3 years ago. Still loving it as much as i did the first day I had it. Little video on my youtube channel about it here...

https://youtu.be/FIXv-bpdP1Q

Maximus Legend Plus : Ebony butt with Ovangkol front wedge and thick maple veneer : Premium ash shaft : Tip 9.45 mm Talisman Trinity Soft, length 58″, weight 18.4 oz, butt diameter 29.4 mm, balance 18″

Comment

• Originally Posted by Danger Steve View Post

The grain pattern is a bit weird for sure but it makes it unique! I’m not too bothered about the looks, so long as there is an arrow near the end in my eye line then that’s all I need. I’ve tried playing with my old cue badge down but I just prefer the feel of the butt badge up..
                            I like the shaft, anything that isn't over busy suits me fine.
                            This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
                            https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

• Here are my beauties.
                              John Parris Traditional cues - Both Custom made to my specs.

The cues were polished and shined by me using Mike Wooldridge Q Gel and Q Lac. They are oil and cue polish in gel form and are simply superb.

Attached Files
                              Last edited by hasan.rashid14; 23 September 2020, 06:53 PM.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Mark187187
                                New Maximus Legend Plus (maple), and my current US pool setup, which is a Predator Roadline with a couple of 314-2 low deflection shafts, and a cheapy jump/break cue by Poison

https://ibb.co/vD2WsTp

https://ibb.co/qdwnchj

https://ibb.co/Xx47B94

Edit- don't know why those photos didn't embed
                                when in ImgBB change "Embed Codes" to "BBCode full linked", copy and paste that new code into your TSF post.
                                Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Working...
                                X