Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• a IMG_4826.JPG IMG_4833.JPG IMG_4834.JPG few more pic's as I managed to get the files down below 2.0mb...
    Must practice more!!!

Comment

• That is NICE Bell.
      Snooker is a game of simple shots played to perfection, Joe Davies

Comment

• The ever evolving "burwat" i've had from 1996:

Originally a painted on butt that cracked away very easily:

Shaft had seen better days getting the varnish off it:

An ebony butt was spliced on and the cue cleaned up by Andy Travis about 7 years ago:

And this is it's latest evolution by Andy Travis:

Santos rosewood spliced on to extend it to 58", cue jointed and given a total refinish, great playing cue. (yes the splice tips are meant to be slightly misaligned so when the joint beds in they'll line up)

Last edited by narl; 16 December 2019, 11:07 PM.

Comment

• You know when you see a skinny dog rescued from an unloving owner, returned to full health and weight and wagging it's tail because it's so happy? This is almost as good!
          ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

• How can it be the same cue ………...reminds me of Triggers Broom
            Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

• of course it is the same cue, he has a picture of it, how much more proof do you need!
              Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

• Lol ......very good Dean
                Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

• Technically speaking the only thing that's changed is the butt, went from painted to spliced on properly. Played well when i first bought it and now even better now that the weight has been changed with the butt being put on properly.

Comment

• Originally Posted by narl View Post
                    Technically speaking the only thing that's changed is the butt, went from painted to spliced on properly. Played well when i first bought it and now even better now that the weight has been changed with the butt being put on properly.
                    This is probably a question I shouldnt ask, but how many cues do you own in your collection Narl?
                    ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

• Originally Posted by Cue crafty View Post

This is probably a question I shouldnt ask, but how many cues do you own in your collection Narl?
                      I have this and a 3/4 tyrone cue, that's it. Owned cues from all the big names but they usually get moved on after a while. My brother has a few old burwats, an olde ash, a few glovers, a g-cue and an early Jason Owen cue, but he doesn't play anymore..

The more cues you own the more likely you are to blame the cue if you're playing badly, as ridiculous as that sounds. Better to stick to 1 and play through the good and the bad.

This is the tyrone cue:

Comment

• Thanks Narl, sound advice for just about anyone who plays the game.

Martin certainly chose some choice ash for that example you have there, I love the butt section and badge placement make it a real stand out cue.
                        ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

• Originally Posted by Cue crafty View Post
                          Thanks Narl, sound advice for just about anyone who plays the game.

Martin certainly chose some choice ash for that example you have there, I love the butt section and badge placement make it a real stand out cue.
                          It was originally one of the Jimmy White series of cues he was making though I opted for a regular badge instead if it being one of the series. That's why the butt is long and the badge is in an unusual spot.

Comment

• Never seen that many chevrons on an ash cue before narl. Very nice.
                            Snooker is a game of simple shots played to perfection, Joe Davies

Comment

• cues december.jpg

Comment

• Delphi,sorry....And.?

is this a chevron extraganza
                                ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

Working...
                                X