X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• nice collection, exotic splices
    who are "Pincues"?
    what is the design between the words supposed to be?

edit - I think it is a scorpion
    Last edited by DeanH; 29 March 2020, 09:08 AM.
    Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

• Finally found a few minutes to get a some photos of my cue uploaded.

It's an old Craftsman cue, no idea if it has a model name, I've owned it since I was around 15/16?? So over 20years old...

Comment

• very nice, they did make some lovely cues
        Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

• I would really like a 1 piece version now though, at the time the 3/4 split cues where all the rage! Still, I do like the wood with green splicing and it plays great for delicate shots too.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Danger Steve View Post
            I would really like a 1 piece version now though, at the time the 3/4 split cues where all the rage! Still, I do like the wood with green splicing and it plays great for delicate shots too.
            by all means get a one piece cue for the fun of it, but never let that one go!

great looking cue - love old Craftsman cues.
            ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

• Looks good, i have a 27 year old craftsman somewhere myself.

Comment

• Here are a few images of my thirty year old JP Paragon cue. This was made for me - to my specifications - back in 1990.

57" long, 18oz, 30mm butt diameter, 9mm tip.

I haven't played with this cue since circa 1994, instead favouring a vintage one piece Burroughs and Watts maple beauty!
                You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                This gallery has 1 photos.
                Highest break - 145
                Playing cue - an old antique Burroughs & Watts 'London Soho Square' 1 piece maple - 58" / 16.5oz / with a 10mm tip

"Fantabulous!"...

Comment

• Originally Posted by 147Levitt View Post
                  Here are a few images of my thirty year old JP Paragon cue. This was made for me - to my specifications - back in 1990.

57" long, 18oz, 30mm butt diameter, 9mm tip.

I haven't played with this cue since circa 1994, instead favouring a vintage one piece Burroughs and Watts maple beauty!
                  Have you got a picture of your B & W ?, I love the old billiard cues.

I used to have an old Thurston back in the day which would have been a couple of years before the JP was made for you. I play with an old EJ Riley.

Comment

• Sometimes i wished i still had my first cues, but as i've been playing for a loooong time and didn't have a clue about the stuff i made some mistakes i would do differently now.
                    I know my first cue was a cheap BCE cue, in '92 i wanted a 'real english' cue so i bought one in a big (not really snooker related) shop at piccadilly circus while i was there for prince concerts.
                    Don't have that cue anymore either, turned out to be a bad one, if only i had known about the existance of JP back then.

Don't remember who has those cues now.
                    Got the craftsman in '95 from a friend and that one i still have.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Delphi View Post
                      Sometimes i wished i still had my first cues, but as i've been playing for a loooong time and didn't have a clue about the stuff i made some mistakes i would do differently now.
                      I know my first cue was a cheap BCE cue, in '92 i wanted a 'real english' cue so i bought one in a big (not really snooker related) shop at piccadilly circus while i was there for prince concerts.
                      Don't have that cue anymore either, turned out to be a bad one, if only i had known about the existance of JP back then.

Don't remember who has those cues now.
                      Got the craftsman in '95 from a friend and that one i still have.
                      I still have nightmares about selling my Thurston for a night out , what a muppet I was

I can’t remember how it happened but there was about a year when I played competitive matches with a rack cue i picked up at my club one night. In fact I think it was the cue before the Thurston. I didn’t have much money then to spend as I was a junior. The problem you’ve got once you get older is having more money, this means more cues to pick from.

Im going to try to stick to my Riley I’ve only bought recently after returning to the game. I’m already tinkering with the idea to do some alterations to it .....

Was that shop you went to Lillywhites by any chance ?

Comment

• Originally Posted by Starsky View Post

Was that shop you went to Lillywhites by any chance ?
                        Probably was, that shop seems to be right where i remember getting it, but can't be sure, it's 28 years ago...
                        I actually got 6 cues now so that statement about getting older must have some truth in it

Comment

• What did you playin those days then Delphi ?

Six cues

Comment

• Long story, i started playing much more early 2019, i love my old craftsman but it doesn't have a extensions joint so i wanted one with.
                            So last year i got me one from jimmy.com but couldn't really get on with it, now i discovered it's mostly the cue tip and the laquer that put me off.

I really didn't know much about cues, i didn't even know a ash cue has 'arrows' since i was used to play with the flat butt part down instead of up.
                            And that after playing for 35 years eh.

So after getting that cue i didn't get on with i figured one should never buy a cue without playing with it so i planned a trip to the parris trip in London in April 2019.
                            I brought a Parris 'professional' cue with me then.

Really nice cue.

I got a cheap sportsdirect cue too, ROS, 2 piece that splits in the center because i planned a second trip in October 2019 to my coach in Bloxwhich and it would be easier travelling.
                            Never used that one because i ended up going there with the JP professional anyway.

By joining this forum and reading and learning about cues i got interested in trying other models and got a JP traditional one piece.
                            REALLY like playing with a one piece cue.
                            At some time i got a fake one from ebay, worthless, it's not even straight so i'm not counting that one.

At some time the owner of a local club i sometimes go to was selling a JP ultimate, i went to the club tried it out and was immediatly hooked on it.

And i even have another one ordered now with JP, a Ultimate one piece but that's probably for in another 5 years.

Sooo to sum it up:
                            Old Craftsman
                            Jimmy.com cue
                            Fake worthless parris
                            cheap sportsdirect cue.
                            JP Professional
                            JP Traditional
                            JP Ultimate
                            and another one piece ultimate ordered.

Last edited by Delphi; 30 April 2020, 08:32 PM.

Comment

• I take it you like JP cues then, you’ve got more JP cues than JP has.

Comment

• filedata/fetch?id=1000091&d=1595374925&type=thumb

After months of indecisiveness on splice designs and specifications and five weeks of waiting, my custom Peradon pool cue arrived today. I am over the moon with this thing.

Custom Peradon
                                • 57"
                                • One-piece
                                • 9mm (Elk Master Pro)
                                • 17.5oz

(Trying to upload images on this site is like pulling teeth. 200kb is the limit... Really?)
                                You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                                This gallery has 1 photos.
                                Last edited by Greg M; 21 July 2020, 11:46 PM.
                                Dublin, Ireland • English pool (WPA)
                                PLAYING CUE (MAIN): Custom Jason Owen - #1384 (one-piece • 57" • 8.4mm • 17oz)
                                PLAYING CUE (BACKUP): Custom Peradon (one-piece • 57" • 8.7mm • 17.5oz)
                                BREAK CUE: Custom Jason Owen (one-piece • 58" • 10mm • 16oz)​

Comment

Working...
                                X