Clear All

• billabong
    replied
    Additional pics of case

Leave a comment:

• billabong
    replied
    Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
    Maybe you just worded that wrong, but mine is a proper 4 hand spliced jobbie
    Yes, sorry jrc, should have read " looks to have 4 full hand splices" . . Mondays eh ? what can you do ?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Leave a comment:

• jrc750
    replied
    Originally Posted by billabong View Post
    .... jcr cue looks not to have 4 full hand splices.....
    Maybe you just worded that wrong, but mine is a proper 4 hand spliced jobbie

Leave a comment:

• billabong
    replied
    I thought that when I saw jrc750s cues for sale. Not sure the difference in construction, my badge has Mike Wooldridge AND Welsh pool Trading on it, whereas jcr750s has Welsh pool trading & handmade in UK. jcr cue looks not to have 4 full hand splices, instead of MW butterfly splice, maybe.

Regarding the case, I've photos in the house, I'll upload tonight. The way it was made was for me to send an image/sketch of what I wanted, then Roger would make some templates ( which is what you see ), discuss which woods you wanted to use and cnc router out the base wood. I think that's how it works anyway.

Google him on roger taft for his site. Found one image which is not my case interior, but the material used is correct

Leave a comment:

• DeanH
    replied
    Originally Posted by billabong View Post
    I bought a MW shark in the Welsh colours a few years back, which I sold a few week ago, but
    which eventually fell through with buyer being tight with funds. Quite glad though, as replacement I had
    my eye on didn't play like I thought it would ( always, always try 1st ! ).

[ATTACH=CONFIG]10049[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]10050[/ATTACH]

Also had a case made by Roger Taft in the USA. Word of warning though, don't set a price in your head in pounds but agree it with case making guy in Dollars. By the time the case was ready the pound had sunk . :-(
    Good service though , choose your wood, design, dimensions etc

[ATTACH=CONFIG]10051[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]10052[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]10053[/ATTACH]
    Nice cue, like the old Welsh Trading cue...
    The case looks good, any photos of the interior, also what is the piece on top of the case in the thrid picture? Does not appear to be attached.

Leave a comment:

• billabong
    replied
    Also bought an old Riley cue to try maple. Plays very well ( for me ), and a bargain at £56 imho.

Leave a comment:

• billabong
    replied
    I bought a MW shark in the Welsh colours a few years back, which I sold a few week ago, but
    which eventually fell through with buyer being tight with funds. Quite glad though, as replacement I had
    my eye on didn't play like I thought it would ( always, always try 1st ! ).

Also had a case made by Roger Taft in the USA. Word of warning though, don't set a price in your head in pounds but agree it with case making guy in Dollars. By the time the case was ready the pound had sunk . :-(
    Good service though , choose your wood, design, dimensions etc

Leave a comment:

• shanerayner28
    replied
    **Post Pictures of your cue!**

I played last year wiv the cocobolla one ongkia wen pete got it new and am sure Dave coutts would of checked to see if the was straight u hav got 2 stunning cues if the 3/4 was a 1p i would of kept it if u look at my profile pic u can see it lol

Leave a comment:

• ongkia
    replied
    Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
    You are not supposed to roll a cue on a table, as that is not the way to test for straightness.
    You hold up the butt of the cue to your eye, like a rifle and gently rotate it, if it looks straight it is !
    I do sight it like a rifle first and it appears to have a very slight kink on one side of the taper. Perhaps it's the way the shaft is planed or the effect is dued to optical illusion?

Leave a comment:

• jrc750
    replied
    Originally Posted by ongkia View Post
    .....There is a very slight kink 3/4 way up the shaft, if you were to roll it on the slate bed, it doesn't roll true. ...
    You are not supposed to roll a cue on a table, as that is not the way to test for straightness.
    You hold up the butt of the cue to your eye, like a rifle and gently rotate it, if it looks straight it is !

Leave a comment:

• ongkia
    replied
    Originally Posted by shanerayner28 View Post
    ongkia did u just get them 2 tw cues off pete if so u should of put the matching mini butts up aswell hav played wiv both of them cues and owned the 3/4 one only sold it cos I went to maple that's if u got them from pete lol
    Yes mate, you're spot on! I got them from Pete recently and had them altered to my specs before being sent out to me. They came with the matching mini-butts. Just a question for you, since you have played with both the cues. Did you realised that the Cocobolo butted 1 piece ash cue is not dead straight? There is a very slight kink 3/4 way up the shaft, if you were to roll it on the slate bed, it doesn't roll true. Other than this minor fault, the cue is playing great, a very well balanced cue. The other 3/4 piece cue doesn't have this problem and it's playing good too.

If I had known earlier, I'd have gotten it straighten by the cue maker who did the other alterations on these cues.

Leave a comment:

• ongkia
    replied
    Originally Posted by Wayne G View Post
    Very nice cues indeed. Do you play with them all or just one in particular?
    The 2 TW cues were acquired only recently, in fact, a few days back . As I shuttle between Brunei and Malaysia, I keep the JP 'Superior' n O'Min 'Union' in Brunei while the other cues are being kept in Malaysia, Yes, I do use all of them. My favorite was the JP 'Utimate' but now having played with both the TW's, especially the Cocobolo butted 1 piece ash cue, it has become my new favorite. The balance point is at 18.5" from butt and the shaft is stiff but responsive.
    Last edited by ongkia; 21 April 2012, 01:27 PM.

Leave a comment:

• shanerayner28
    replied
    **Post Pictures of your cue!**

ongkia did u just get them 2 tw cues off pete if so u should of put the matching mini butts up aswell hav played wiv both of them cues and owned the 3/4 one only sold it cos I went to maple that's if u got them from pete lol

Leave a comment:

• fredkite
    replied
    Originally Posted by mtws View Post
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]10019[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]10020[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]10021[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]10022[/ATTACH]

The best from my collection of 8 cues. Great work from great cue maker!! Trevor in 2008 and Jason 2012 :snooker: Both are great to deal with, very patience with me despite my numerous questions and requests. Thank you very much, trevor and jason!!
    Both nice but the TW looks so classy, beautiful cue.

Leave a comment:

• Wayne G
    replied
    Very nice cues indeed. Do you play with them all or just one in particular?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X