What glue is best for cue tips?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by Shockerz View Post
    Just don't go mad and put lots on there, just cover the surface of both with a light coat.
    Ok point noted.

Comment

Originally Posted by fkhan View Post
      Ok point noted.
      I did a test recently with most of the current glues mentioned e.g. Gorilla Glue, Loctite Glue, Loctite Gel, Bisons Gel etc etc.

They stuck very well with a light coat and they all failed if used quickly after a thick coat.

I think as long as you get something well known to guys on here you won't be far off, whether the Gorilla Glue actually gives you a better response to impact is another debate.
      Snooker Crazy - Cues and Equipment Sales Website
      Snooker Crazy - Facebook Page
      Snooker Crazy - You Tube Channel

Comment

Do you "pro's" (makers and regular re-tippers) just put a lil blob on tip and stick, or a thin bonding layer on either\both surfaces?

Comment

Originally Posted by blahblah01 View Post
          Do you "pro's" (makers and regular re-tippers) just put a lil blob on tip and stick, or a thin bonding layer on either\both surfaces?
          I put it on the cue a push the tip onto it as i don't want the tip to soak up all the glue off it's not the hell one.
          For that one you've always wanted...
          https://www.facebook.com/ninjacues/

Comment

Originally Posted by blahblah01 View Post
            I spread a very thin coat on the cue with a match so I'm sure it is on every part. I also do the same on the tip, both very thin.

I don't rush doing it and then centre the tip. Once centered I apply pressure then.

I understand the concerns over glue soaking up the tip but I don't put enough on there for this to be a problem.

Both methods will work so I don't think it's a case of one works so the other is wrong.

We all stick to what works as it gives us confidence so if I was unsure I would try both methods and then do what feels right.

I also put different amounts depending on whether the tip is pressed or laminated.

A laminated tip will disperse any excess glue quickly from the sides, if the laminated tip had a coating on the edges then you can just wipe it off without it soaking in If you fit an oversized tip as I think we all should each time then even if you get a small amount up the edges, you are going to cut those edges off straight after so it's not really an issue.

Take a look here Go to 7:17

The isn't gel so will be runnier and worse, if it works with this then you'll be ok with gel.
            Snooker Crazy - Cues and Equipment Sales Website
            Snooker Crazy - Facebook Page
            Snooker Crazy - You Tube Channel

Comment

Originally Posted by Shockerz View Post
              I spread a very thin coat on the cue with a match so I'm sure it is on every part. I also do the same on the tip, both very thin.

I don't rush doing it and then centre the tip. Once centered I apply pressure then.

I understand the concerns over glue soaking up the tip but I don't put enough on there for this to be a problem.

Both methods will work so I don't think it's a case of one works so the other is wrong.

We all stick to what works as it gives us confidence so if I was unsure I would try both methods and then do what feels right.

I also put different amounts depending on whether the tip is pressed or laminated.

A laminated tip will disperse any excess glue quickly from the sides, if the laminated tip had a coating on the edges then you can just wipe it off without it soaking in If you fit an oversized tip as I think we all should each time then even if you get a small amount up the edges, you are going to cut those edges off straight after so it's not really an issue.

Take a look here Go to 7:17

The isn't gel so will be runnier and worse, if it works with this then you'll be ok with gel.
              Couldn't agree more this the above.
              For that one you've always wanted...
              https://www.facebook.com/ninjacues/

Comment

Working...
              X