blockwork splicing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• blockwork splicing

honestly what is the appeal? is there some sort of historical significance to it? I'm usually not easily offended but seeing blockwork splicing on a cue could ruin my day

which do you mean?

Like JP Ltd6 or those that Crispian Jones started doing?

any photos?
    Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

There's a few i've seen, the Crispian Jones and John Parris that Dean mentions and David Bowen has the Alchemy range. Also, some cheap imports. They're all different though, and whilst I agree with QC2 about blockwork splicing generally, the Crispian Jones ones are nicer than the other examples.

Comment

No photos but yeah all of the above mentioned. seen them from different makers UK and Thai ones.

Whenever looking at the JP limited ones I always wondered who would actually choose them over every other design available. I'd get it if someone picked up the cue and got on well with it, compromising looks but to choose it in the first place, the mind boggles

Comment

Not a fan of them either, just like like a random mish mash of woods slapped together.

Comment

There's certainly a few I don;t like as the woods don't really have any business being together but that said, I like a few of the Crispian Jones blockwork cues.
            Snooker Crazy - Cues and Equipment Sales Website
            Snooker Crazy - Facebook Page
            Snooker Crazy - You Tube Channel

Comment

if one doesn't like them doesn't matter as there seems to be a market for them else they wouldn't be selling.

Comment

I think it's just a way of using up the small offcuts.
                Speak up, you've got to speak up against the madness, you've got speak your mind if you dare
                but don't try to get yourself elected, for if you do you'll have to cut your hair

Comment

Originally Posted by qc2 View Post
                  honestly what is the appeal? is there some sort of historical significance to it? I'm usually not easily offended but seeing blockwork splicing on a cue could ruin my day
                  Me as well, I am all for traditional splicing.

Comment

Can someone please explain exactly what blockwork splicing is? Maybe post pics of examples compared to traditional splicing. Thanks.
                    Last edited by Art Vandalaay; 15 June 2019, 07:20 AM.

Comment

Comment

Well that’s just weird.

Comment

Working...
                        X