Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 56 inch cues?

Hi All

I've realised I'm putting a lot of distance between my bridge and cue ball.. probably as a result of my cue being too long for me (I'm 5' 7").

I'd like to try a shorter cue and see if it balances better for me.

Looking to spend between £100-150..

Anyone come across decent shorter cues?

Thanks

Anyone have an opinion on this company? They do 56 inch cues..
    Cue Craft 3/4 Jointed Snooker Cues, Handmade and Imported Cues

Comment

how much cue do you have after your butt-hand?
      what is the distance from cue ball to tip?
      what is the distance of bridge (tip to the V of your bridge hand)?
      Your bridge arm - do you have it straight, slightly bent at the elbow, or very bent?
      I ask this because if your stance and the way you hold a cue seems off with a "standard" cue (57~) then it may be worse with a short cue?
      Before buying, see if you can borrow a shorter cue because it may save you a few shillings
      I hope a coach comes on to help you;
      I am sure someone will ask, have you any video of how you address the cue ball, as images tell a lot of words
      Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Thanks Dean

A couple of more experienced players at my club pointed out the fact that I was bridging far from the CB.. about 12 inches. At the moment I've got about 4 inches behind my butt hand. My arm is slightly bent but not very bent. I feel I could easily move the butt hand further up the cue but then the cue feels unbalanced hence me thinking an inch or two shorter might give me more control, especially on the back-swing.

Yep, I'll definitely try and get hold of a 56 inch cue and try it out.. not sure where though.

Cheers

Comment

simply grip the cue more up the butt and play and see if this is whats comfy for you before you run around wasting money

Comment

Can never understand why folk think an inch shorter will make a difference. You just need to decide how many inches thru the V of the bridge is rite for you ( 9/10 inches perhaps) and be able to have your back arm perpendicular. Should be able to achieve this with any cue.:

Comment

Well, if he's got 4 inches behind his grip hand, and he wants to shorten his bridge a couple of inches, shorter cue is the best option. Try holding your cue 6 inches up and see how balanced that feels.

Comment

Thanks for the input everyone.. I'm planning on getting a new cue anyway so it's not that I'll be wasting money.

Tried my hand further up the butt and it feels unbalanced.

It's hard to find places to try different cues out but that's what I aim to do.

Cheers

Comment

Originally Posted by hollowmoon View Post
                  Thanks for the input everyone.. I'm planning on getting a new cue anyway so it's not that I'll be wasting money.

Tried my hand further up the butt and it feels unbalanced.

It's hard to find places to try different cues out but that's what I aim to do.

Cheers
                  Where are you located?

Comment

Originally Posted by Bulkie View Post

Where are you located?
                    Based on his previous postings i would think in brighton area.

Comment

Hi Bulkie.. yep I'm in Saltdean, just by Brighton.

Comment

Working...
                      X