Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who could consider a cue worth much money ? are people gone nuts ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who could consider a cue worth much money ? are people gone nuts ?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/John-Parr...kAAOSwmF1dHL2K

Bidding is currently £3700 sterling pounds on a 58" stick of ash , am I missing something here ?

Comment

Which professional?

Comment

Plenty of people spend £1000ish for a new custom cue. I don't think £3k is ridiculous money for an early John Parris. Some people would consider it a sound investment or collectors item. I've seen hundreds of pool cues sell for considerably more on Azbilliards forum 'for sale' board over the years.

Comment

Amazing amount of money , looks like it will be on of the most expensive cues sold on Ebay .
          Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

some american pool cues go for more don't they?

but possibly a record for a snooker cue?
            Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Bidding now reduced to £3200 , its dropped £500 . Did somebody get cold feet or scamming ?

Comment

Scammers probably
                Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

Originally Posted by balkend View Post
                  Bidding now reduced to £3200 , its dropped £500 . Did somebody get cold feet or scamming ?
                  When that happens, it's usually someone putting a bid down to see what the highest bidder has put as their maximum bid. They can then withdraw the bid and use that information to snipe the auction at the end

Comment

Originally Posted by Mark187187 View Post

When that happens, it's usually someone putting a bid down to see what the highest bidder has put as their maximum bid. They can then withdraw the bid and use that information to snipe the auction at the end
                    yep, when I see this happen, I pop back in and up my maximum
                    Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

So it finished at £5000!!!! Somebody has (had) too much money, ridiculous ehh

Comment

That's a lot of money. The Steve Davis JP ultimate went for £7.5k though, so not the most expensive sold this year.

Comment

Wow...5000 Pounds...man i have picked the wrong job
                          Seriously though...that is a lot of money for a cue, not even with a ultimate case for that price.

Comment

You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                            This gallery has 3 photos.

Comment

Just got this stunning cue this morning from Thailand for vey small money, pictures do not do it justice , superbly balanced and flawless , and I bet its better and plays as good as that £5000 ebay shark frenzy

Comment

Working...
                              X