Ton Praram cues?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ton Praram cues?

Does anyone know what the difference is, if any between the Ton Praram series 1, series 2 cues? I can't find an explanation on his site.

There used to be an explanation on the site when I bought mine. From memory it was just the difference in shaft quality. I seem to remember that Series 1 was described as being for the "beginner" whilst Series 2 was for the serious club player. There was also a cosmetic difference in shaft quality eg Series 2 cues may have more pleasing chevrons than Series 1 cues.

Comment

Just to add, Stu at Greenbeize Cues is the UK agent for Ton Praram cues. If you were to give him a ring I'm sure he would elaborate on my comments.

Comment

Yeah, but more importantly are you a snooker playing Alex Jones fan?

Comment

Definitely not a fan of AJ, not for the last few years anyway. He did put out some good material years ago in some of his early documentaries and radio though. Cheers for the replies.

Comment

sorry for this, but when I read "Alex Jones" - I saw "Aled Jones"
            :biggrin:
            Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

From the greenbaize site

https://www.greenbaize.com/ton-praram-iii-info/

TON PRARAM III ? CUE RANGE INFORMATION

Series 1:

Series 1 ? Budget Range ? Quality cues suitable for players who don?t emphasize on the beauty of the woods pattern. Shafts are hand turned to an oversized taper and left to settle over a period of time to ensure straightness and stability.
              Base joints are fitted as standard which enables a mini butt or telescopic extension to be attached.

Series 2:

Series 2 ? Customizable design ? Quality cues suitable for players who emphasize on the quality of the raw materials used and the beauty of the woods pattern. The shaft can be customized to suit individual requirements.
              Base joints are fitted as standard which enables a mini butt or telescopic extension to be attached.

Beyond:

The shafts are specially selected for their straightness, best looking grains and the maple for their flawless beauty and excellent quality. The ebony butt timbers are spliced to the cues by hand and the cues are shaped to produce the distinctive four round point pattern. All standard splice designs are available in Beyond. Shaft specifications are customized to suit individual requirements.

Shaft grading is the same with Beyond, Black Bone and limited series.

Limited Edition:

Limited?s are the top range with custom made design of nice and rare exotic woods.
              Butt design available only unique grain of each exotic wood.
              The shafts are specially selected for their straightness, best looking grains and the maple for their flawless beauty and excellent quality. The ebony butt timbers are spliced to the cues by hand and the cues are shaped to produce the distinctive four round point pattern. Shaft specifications are customized to suit individual requirements.

Black Bone:

Black Bone are only available in black ebony butt.

The specially selected ash and maple shafts are of the highest grade identical to Beyond and Limited Edition?s and are combined with top grade black ebony butt.

Comment

I see on the Greenbeize website that Praram now have what they call a Begin cue for 140 pounds. Its machine spliced. Quite a bit cheaper than hand spliced. Might suit some folk who are on a budget. When buying a cue you always have to remember to add the cost of extensions, a case and postage. Fairly bumps the price up.
                Last edited by Nifty50; 5 September 2019, 08:42 AM.

Comment

Originally Posted by infowarrior View Post
                  Definitely not a fan of AJ, not for the last few years anyway. He did put out some good material years ago in some of his early documentaries and radio though. Cheers for the replies.
                  yep.. same here.. used to listen a lot but not any more.

Comment

I'm gonna try to get to greenbaize to try some out in the next week or 2.

Originally posted by infowarrior View Post

yep.. same here.. used to listen a lot but not any more.

Hollowmoon if you haven't already, check out the likes of Alan Watt (cuttingthroughthematrix.com) James Corbett (corbettreport.com) richard Grove (Tragedyandhope.com) Jay Dyer (jaysanalysis.com) for much more in depth info than AJ has ever put out.

Comment

Working...
                    X