52 inch cue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 52 inch cue

I'm looking to get my other half a cue but I can't seem to find what I'm after so thought i'd see if someone on here could point me in the right direction . I'm looking for a 2 piece, slightly shorter than normal (around 52 inches I think) and with a 9-10mm tip. She only plays now and again so nothing custom made or anything like that, I was hoping to get a nice looking cue with a case for under ?50 but am struggling to find anything at the shorter length

You might struggle to find a production cue at that length. Peradon do 55 inch cues, but I think they're all 3/4 split. Then you have cues aimed at kids or tight spaces, such as some made by cannon and brittania, but I think they are 48 inches. I can't say I've come across anything inbetween those sizes.

Comment

I was thinking that 55 is considered very short for an adult
      As above, not seen shorter as standard from any maker?

Jimev - I assume your other half has tried various sizes and who did you come to thinking 52" will work?
      Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Thanks guys. 55 may have to do then, is it just Peradon that you're aware of that do them?

DeanH - basically there's a short pool cue down the local that she likes the length of but the tips crap and it's a bit beaten up - and i've guessed at the 52 but i'm pretty sure it's there or thereabouts

Comment

Well I could arrange anything but 52" is very short.
          https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

I see a JP on ebay that is 16oz 54 inch

Comment

I've got an old machine spliced one piece that could be cut and jointed and adapted, it's half way there already so not a lot of work left to do, pm me if you're interested
              Speak up, you've got to speak up against the madness, you've got speak your mind if you dare
              but don't try to get yourself elected, for if you do you'll have to cut your hair

Comment

Thanks for the help all, I will have another look around once I get some time

Comment

I've just finished the small cue I was making. It started as an old machine spliced one piece but had a bent shaft, so I cut it at the 3/4 mark and made a new ash shaft for it. Final length is 53 inches, 17.2 oz's in weight, 9.5mm aluminium ferrule, 30mm diameter sapele butt with a maple veneer and palmira splice added by myself.
                  I've yet to add a badge because if you'd like it for your partner I could make a personal one with her initials on, otherwise my usual badge will be added and it will go on ebay, pm me if interested.

53 inch ash machine spliced custom album hosted in imgbb.com
                  Speak up, you've got to speak up against the madness, you've got speak your mind if you dare
                  but don't try to get yourself elected, for if you do you'll have to cut your hair

Comment

Nice work Vmax, as always.
                    ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

Originally Posted by vmax View Post
                      I've just finished the small cue I was making. It started as an old machine spliced one piece but had a bent shaft, so I cut it at the 3/4 mark and made a new ash shaft for it. Final length is 53 inches, 17.2 oz's in weight, 9.5mm aluminium ferrule, 30mm diameter sapele butt with a maple veneer and palmira splice added by myself.
                      I've yet to add a badge because if you'd like it for your partner I could make a personal one with her initials on, otherwise my usual badge will be added and it will go on ebay, pm me if interested.
                      Looks great, PM sent

Comment

Working...
                      X