"Solid" Cues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Solid" Cues

Anyone else any info about these cues? Couple on ebay, supposedly thai made but had a quick look last night and couldn't find anything really besides a few listings. Just another random asian make from the looks of it coming from the same factory as grand, david wu etc?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Solid-Ult...66fb%7Ciid%3A1

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Solid-Ult...sAAOSw0VxdhpPD

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Solid-Cue...wAAOSwEgReD4~N

That seems a high price for a relatively unheard of cuemaker
    Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

Originally Posted by Neil Taperell View Post
      That seems a high price for a relatively unheard of cuemaker
      Was thinking that myself, done a google and can't really find anything on them besides those listings.

Comment

I know a fair few of the Thai guys but don't know this one.
        Snooker Crazy - Cues and Equipment Sales Website
        Snooker Crazy - Facebook Page
        Snooker Crazy - You Tube Channel

Comment

Hello all

I am new here and not sure how to start a new thread. Has anyone purchased an impression cue from Thailand? They look amazing. Not seen them in the Uk though.

https://www.facebook.com/impressioncue/

thanks!

Comment

Originally Posted by DMSnooker1987 View Post
            Hello all

I am new here and not sure how to start a new thread. Has anyone purchased an impression cue from Thailand? They look amazing. Not seen them in the Uk though.

https://www.facebook.com/impressioncue/

thanks!
            Stay away from them. They are hit and miss. I played with two of them and they felt like firewood hitting the cue ball. I have seen two other friend's cues from the same maker that were good to play with.

When you spend that kind of money go for something where you will be assured you get value for you money.
            Last edited by fkhan; 17 May 2022, 03:48 PM.

Comment

Originally Posted by fkhan View Post

Stay away from them. They are hit and miss. I played with two of them and they felt like firewood hitting the cue ball. I have seen two other friend's cues from the same maker that were good to play with.

When you spend that kind of money go for something where you will be assured you get value for you money.
              Thanks. Do you know what make and model this was? I’ve looked at the SS model and people have spoken to in Thailand only have good things to say about them. Thanks!

Comment

Thanks. Do you know what make and model this was? I’ve looked at the SS model and people have spoken to in Thailand only have good things to say about them. Thanks!
                I did not note which models I tried but all were from the same maker. If I were you, I would try other cue makers for the same price.

Comment

[QUOTE=DMSnooker1987;n1022650]

Thanks. Do you know what make and model this was? I

Comment

I did not note which models I tried but all were from the same maker. If I were you, I would try other cue makers for the same price.
                    Have you tried the hunter infinity at all? They are around 750-800 quid! Look nice though

Comment

Have you tried the hunter infinity at all? They are around 750-800 quid! Look nice though
                      Probably not. My point is, why take the risk when they are a hit and miss?

You can buy a top quality cue for far less than 750 quid.

Comment

Probably not. My point is, why take the risk when they are a hit and miss?

You can buy a top quality cue for far less than 750 quid.
                        true! I have come across Kev wheeler and he seems very reasonable. Going to go with that I think

Comment

That's basically a rubbish comment - I have got one and Impression cues are great cues!!
                          1Glover Cue N. American Ash full shaft 18.6oz/58/9.55mm/30.2mm/17.7 b.p., Century Ti-F, TripleCrown or ADR147 Medium tips, African Blackwood round butt with Snakewood and Tulip front splice
                          2Custom Triple crown N. American Ash full shaft 18.7oz/58/9.7mm/30.2mm/17 b.p., Century Ti-F, TripleCrown or ADR147 Medium tips, Plain jet black African ebony round butt

Comment

I have an SS model and the shaft is stiff and responsive - just how I Iike it
                            Last edited by PaceAce; 18 May 2023, 09:43 AM. Reason: typo
                            1Glover Cue N. American Ash full shaft 18.6oz/58/9.55mm/30.2mm/17.7 b.p., Century Ti-F, TripleCrown or ADR147 Medium tips, African Blackwood round butt with Snakewood and Tulip front splice
                            2Custom Triple crown N. American Ash full shaft 18.7oz/58/9.7mm/30.2mm/17 b.p., Century Ti-F, TripleCrown or ADR147 Medium tips, Plain jet black African ebony round butt

Comment

Originally Posted by PaceAce View Post

That's basically a rubbish comment - I have got one and Impression cues are great cues!!
                              I didn't say all are rubbish. I said some are good while some aren't.

Comment

Working...
                              X