Removing scratches from old cue badge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Removing scratches from old cue badge

I’ve got a lovely old 29 lindrum cue but there’s a couple of scratches on the badge. It’s not major but I’d love to have them removed or filled... though I’m doubting this is possible. Can anyone confirm this?
    Attached Files

This thread might help:

https://www.thesnookerforum.co.uk/bo...-the-cue/page3

Comment

No mention of how to remove scratches from a badge in that thread.

I’ve heard that Tony Glover can skim and reprint the badge but was hoping there might be a method that doesn’t involve something so drastic

Comment

My bad. It is a long thread. Skip to post # 14.

Comment

I saw that post, that wouldn’t work on this badge without removing all of the writing as well as the scratches... I suppose it’s not really possible to do what I’m after.

Comment

Ok. Maybe there is another way to do it too.

Comment

I know it is in your mind but I would not bother with trying to fix the scratches, your badge is actually in relatively good condition, some wear to the top and bottom and some around the screws. Have seen much worse!
              Take a bit of care from now on and enjoy it
              can we see more photos of the rest of the cue?

You don't have to use the Attachment function on TSF, which is quite restrictive.
              You can use a free image-sharing site such as ImgBB, without registering, to upload your images, you may have to do the “not a robot” checks quickly.
              ImgBB.com
              Click on "Start Uploading"
              Browse to the file and select it, click Open
              Click "Upload".
              Change "Embed Codes" to "BBCode full linked", then hover over the code, a "COPY" will appear, click this.
              Go to your TSF post and paste. You can repeat for multiple images in a single post.
              There are other sites as well.
              Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

It's a personal decision but you can spoil something old by overdoing the restoration.
                王可

Comment

When I’m home I’ll get some decent pictures, it’s in pretty good condition for the year. Still got the original fibre ferrule too.

Comment

I thought I had posted on this thread but can't see my post.

You might ruin it if you try to do too much renovation. Something which is old is often better left with a certain amount of patina.
                    王可

Comment

Originally Posted by philip in china View Post
                      It's a personal decision but you can spoil something old by overdoing the restoration.
                      Hi Philip is this your other post? post #8 on this topic
                      Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Working...
                      X