No announcement yet.

Riley Aristocrat wanted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• itsnoteasy Are you looking at bidding on the steel block one in Alcester?? It’s not far from me if you’d like me to go take a look at it?? If not I might go and take a look for myself and sell you my table

Comment

• Looks like that’s been pulled now! Guy selling had 0 feedback, I suspect he was probably on a fishing expedition with that table!? Told me he wasn’t accepting offers and was letting the auction run, then pulls the table with 2 days to go? Bit weird! especially as it was already at 2.5k

Comment

• Looks like that’s been pulled now! Guy selling had 0 feedback, I suspect he was probably on a fishing expedition with that table!? Told me he wasn’t accepting offers and was letting the auction run, then pulls the table with 2 days to go? Bit weird! especially as it was already at 2.5k

Comment

• Originally Posted by Danger Steve View Post
          Thanks Mikee, that’s not a bad idea, not sure what the cost would be for just steels and freezes 2nd hand from Geoff, have you had any yourself in the past?? I know there is one firm but they charge nearly 2k for a set ...
          if you are prepared to do the"breaking", the odd table comes up for ?500 with original steel blocks on Geoffs site or Ebay for that matter. I think thats probably the best bet, keeping an eye out for a bargain you can retro fit when the opportunity arises.
          ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

• Originally Posted by Cue crafty View Post

if you are prepared to do the"breaking", the odd table comes up for ?500 with original steel blocks on Geoffs site or Ebay for that matter. I think thats probably the best bet, keeping an eye out for a bargain you can retro fit when the opportunity arises.
            Thats a good idea ,if an old table comes up cheap with steels you can drill more holes and move the bolt points as the older tables like B & W have 5 bolts on the side cushions and the newer Riley /BCE etc have 6 .Bottom cushions strangely are both the same with 6 .

Comment

• Not sure I’d like the idea of mixing different table parts?

Comment

Not sure I’d like the idea of mixing different table parts?
                happens all the time
                Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

• Originally Posted by DeanH View Post

happens all the time
                  Yeah think it does ,and sometimes when people don't even realise .Geoff Large told me the table Cliff Thorban made the 147 on in 83 went to 3 different clubs ,slates to one , frame to another ,and the cushions to somewhere else ,all three places thought they had the complete table ,but it was sold 3 times in separate bits .Loads of old tables that are sold often have had new slates or cushions in a refurb .

Comment

• Originally Posted by mikee View Post

Yeah think it does ,and sometimes when people don't even realise .Geoff Large told me the table Cliff Thorban made the 147 on in 83 went to 3 different clubs ,slates to one , frame to another ,and the cushions to somewhere else ,all three places thought they had the complete table ,but it was sold 3 times in separate bits .Loads of old tables that are sold often have had new slates or cushions in a refurb .
                    Frankenrileybury....
                    ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

• Any more news on the planning Jim? Is everything on hold at the moment? Any progress with the table search??

Comment

Any more news on the planning Jim? Is everything on hold at the moment? Any progress with the table search??
                        Drawings have gone in Steve, just a waiting game now. We have put the table search on hold for now but the BCE Westbury is still favourite I would say. Of course it may be gone by the time we get everything passed, saying that, I might be gone, it's taking that long lol.
                        This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
                        https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

• Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post

Drawings have gone in Steve, just a waiting game now. We have put the table search on hold for now but the BCE Westbury is still favourite I would say. Of course it may be gone by the time we get everything passed, saying that, I might be gone, it's taking that long lol.
                          Lol, hang in there Jim, it will all be worth it in the end. Tables come and go, permission to build is only given once! Fingers crossed, best of luck.
                          ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

The new Snooker Shed Tour Series starts next year! You’ll have to pull yer finger out!!!

Comment

The new Snooker Shed Tour Series starts next year! You’ll have to pull yer finger out!!!
                              Do you have to go through shed school to get a tour card,
                              At the rate we are going we will be able to host a main tour event in our luxury 128 bedroom complex lol.
                              This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
                              https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

Do you have to go through shed school to get a tour card,
                                At the rate we are going we will be able to host a main tour event in our luxury 128 bedroom complex lol.
                                Sounds like you will have a perfect venue to create a Covid bubble for the Shed Tour .....

Are you going to allow spectators ?

Comment

Working...
                                X