Make a black spot area table?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Make a black spot area table?

Just out of curiosity, I have a friend who is very handy and is a carpenter, would I be able to make a table (see picture) or even just a one slate table for the pink en black spot area? I have a limited amount of space in the garage I was thinking of buying an old table.

Thanks Birkir

You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Someone posted something similar this week, and it looks like a good solution to lack of space. Your diagram in the first post would be a preferable setup to the photo in your second post, as you get proper middle pockets rather than 4 corner pockets.

Comment

Mark187187 - I think you are thinking about this one:

https://www.thesnookerforum.co.uk/bo...55#post1008555
        Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

I see they are selling that table in the second picture thorough the Snooker Legends site . I also notice they don’t mention the cost of it which I guess given they have no competition for the design at the moment it’s going to be very costly . If you can knock one up yourself that would be a much better option along with having proper middle pockets .
          I think it’s a good idea as you can also mark up the baulk end and practice around the lower colours .

Good luck

Comment

Originally Posted by birkirhlyns View Post
            Just out of curiosity, I have a friend who is very handy and is a carpenter, would I be able to make a table (see picture) or even just a one slate table for the pink en black spot area? I have a limited amount of space in the garage I was thinking of buying an old table.

Thanks Birkir

I would say it’s very simple to adjust a full size table down to 3/4 size like Dean link, especially if you have a good carpenter that you know! The slates come in 5 pieces, so you simply use 3 of them which will include the corner pocket cutouts a plain slate and then the middle slate with the middle pocket cutouts.. get you mate to chop the frame down, you’ll also have to customise 3 of the cushion rails which again is easy enough if you know what your doing! The only tricky part that I see is if you want the blue spot end cushion bolting to the slate then you will have to drill holes down the long edge of the middle slate. One hole for the captive nut and a second hole for the slate bolts. After that you would need to recover with cloth, fit you cushions and pocket and your away! Bosh...

I’d probably start making a few of these myself if there was a market for them!

Comment

Originally Posted by birkirhlyns View Post

Thanks Birkir
              You would need a minimum of two slates if you just want a pink and black spot.
              This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
              https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

Wonder how much this legends table costs.

Comment

Originally Posted by fkhan View Post

Wonder how much this legends table costs.
                  Somebody needs to contact them to find out ...I reckon 1-2 grand .

Comment

Originally Posted by Starsky View Post

Too pricey if that's the case.

Comment

I’d say 2.5-3k

Comment

Originally Posted by Danger Steve View Post

I’d say 2.5-3k

You need to start knocking up a few if that’s the case Steve

Comment

You need to start knocking up a few if that’s the case Steve
                          Now that would be a nice semi retirement hobby/business. there are places giving old tables away just to save the cost of removal!
                          ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

Originally Posted by Danger Steve View Post

I’d say 2.5-3k
                            Your probably near the mark there Steve, it's funny how less is more sometimes. When you look on eBay there are some old full size tables going for around 300 quid but a 6" Riley costs 2500k!!
                            ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

Comment

Working...
                              X