X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pictures of table

I swing a hammer for a living this tech makes me a little cukoo

lovely old table.
    Similar to the one I used to play at a WMC many years ago which had very tight pockets!

That old table had the B&W Eureka cushions and pocket rails (instead of nets).
    Last edited by DeanH; 1 May 2021, 02:06 PM.
    Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Tight pockets for sure. Friends over last night 3 games two hours. Alchohol had nothing to do with it

Comment

Lovely old table Sledfoot, be nice to know what you paid for it and who set it up? Details about the room would be great too, did you build it ya self ?

Happy playing anyways. !
        ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

I paid ??? for it but the cost of tear down moving and set up was a small fortune. The room is 19 x 27 so tons of room all around even after I install the bar. I'm looking for information on the table but burroughes and watts has nothing on their site so the search continues

Comment

Nice table. I hope of owning a B&W one day.

Comment

I'd say around 1955 design with the arts & crafts looking legs.

​​​​​
              ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

CC, funny you should say "arts and crafts" as to me the table has a very close look to a Thurston "Voysey" table, designed by CFA Voysey who was an architect and furniture designer who was influenced by the arts and crafts movement, and if so the table would be c1920s. The table has many features of this table that I see from a Thurston's catalogue from that time and was called "Design No.23".
                The knee boards look deeper and the legs look thicker but very very close.
                I hope our resident historians and table fitters see this and come on with their assessments

Comment

Cue crafty and DeanH the only one that I've seen that was close to this was an old fuzzy cataloge picture from the 1920s. And I thought b&w stopped using wooden rails in the 30s or 40s. I found serial numbers but I here that's useless after the war. It also has two chalk cups that screw to the bottom of the rails somewhere I'm assuming each end

Comment

Interesting table ,the only thing I can find of similar design would put it around 1920/35 ,are you planning on new nets leathers etc and fitting rails instead of bags .Has the table been fitted with new cloth and rubber ,and how does it play at the moment .

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
                      CC, funny you should say "arts and crafts" as to me the table has a very close look to a Thurston "Voysey" table, designed by CFA Voysey who was an architect and furniture designer who was influenced by the arts and crafts movement, and if so the table would be c1920s. The table has many features of this table that I see from a Thurston's catalogue from that time and was called "Design No.23".
                      The knee boards look deeper and the legs look thicker but very very close.
                      I hope our resident historians and table fitters see this and come on with their assessments
                      I agree. Too many features similar with the Thurston's 'Voysey' design to be a coincidence. The original table with this design was introduced in 1904, and was fitted with rosettes to cover the cushion bolts. This table, which uses slides to cover the bolt holes, was obviously made in the inter-war years, which probably accounts for the changes to the proportions of the legs. Try running the serial number past Peter Clare at Thurston's and see what comes up.
                      Last edited by 100-uper; 2 May 2021, 12:41 PM.

Comment

Originally Posted by 100-uper View Post
                        I agree. Too many features similar with the Thurston's 'Voysey' design to be a coincidence. The original table with this design was introduced in 1904, and was fitted with rosettes to cover the cushion bolts. This table, which uses slides to cover the bolt holes, was obviously made in the inter-war years, which probably accounts for the changes to the proportions of the legs. Try running the serial number past Peter Clare at Thurston's and see what comes up.
                        cheers for the info

sledfoot - if you do hear back from Peter Clare, please let us know

Comment

Mikee... the table plays true. It has had a Restoration done but I don't know how long ago. The rubbers seem fine. I'm not planning on replacing the nets right now but am going over the table and replacing a lot of oddball screws that have been mickey moused over the years.. other than that I'm just going play it
                          100-uper....great idea I llbe messaging thurstons and hope something comes up.it would be cool to get an old advertisement or catalog picture to frame and hang on the wall

Comment

do a browser search for Thurston Voysey and you should hit a few places with the catalogue image
                            like https://www.snookerheritage.co.uk/me...ey_500x290.jpg

most are not brilliant resolution though

100-uper - do you have this catalogue and maybe do a scan ?

Comment

Some decent photos of a Voysey table here. Very similar but different. https://johnbennettbilliards.co.uk/p...illiard-table/

https://billiard.co.uk/antique-billi...ign-circa-1910
                              Last edited by Cue crafty; 2 May 2021, 04:31 PM.
                              ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

Working...
                              X