Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Table refurb costings

Hi All

New to the forum but not new to snooker just had a few years (20) off and now very much a rekindled love after not having a table for so long.

We have just purchased an 8x4 table for £205 which was ridiculously cheap we thought and we’re surprised by how playable it was when we got it home and setup. As we have been playing on it more and more we’re noticing little issues like small marks in the cloth and we’re wondering what kind of costs are involved in a table refurb?? Either done by some one or potentially by ourselves depending how simple it is.

Any help is very much appreciated

Dan

Originally Posted by jAckofAlltrAdes View Post
    Hi All

New to the forum but not new to snooker just had a few years (20) off and now very much a rekindled love after not having a table for so long.

We have just purchased an 8x4 table for £205 which was ridiculously cheap we thought and we’re surprised by how playable it was when we got it home and setup. As we have been playing on it more and more we’re noticing little issues like small marks in the cloth and we’re wondering what kind of costs are involved in a table refurb?? Either done by some one or potentially by ourselves depending how simple it is.

Any help is very much appreciated

Dan

Check out my Project Snooker Shed blog on the forum! I’ve been through the whole process of refurbishing my own full size table so that might help give you some idea of the amount of work involved!

It’s not easy, but if you have time and patience and a good bit of DIY skill it’s definitely possible! A table fitter would be mega bucks to completely refurb a table.

Last edited by Danger Steve; 25 October 2021, 09:30 PM.

Comment

It might help if we knew where you are.
      王可

Comment

Originally Posted by philip in china View Post
        It might help if we knew where you are.

I’m in Barlaston, Staffordshire and the table is at my parents house (they have more room than me) in Leek, Staffordshire.

Comment

Originally Posted by Danger Steve View Post

Check out my Project Snooker Shed blog on the forum! I’ve been through the whole process of refurbishing my own full size table so that might help give you some idea of the amount of work involved!

It’s not easy, but if you have time and patience and a good bit of DIY skill it’s definitely possible! A table fitter would be mega bucks to completely refurb a table.
          I read through your blog Steve. Beautiful work, and I love the silver legs that was a great choice! The only problem is now I’m wondering where I could fit a full size table in 😂😂😂 I may copy your man cave/snooker shed idea!!

Comment

Originally Posted by jAckofAlltrAdes View Post

I read through your blog Steve. Beautiful work, and I love the silver legs that was a great choice! The only problem is now I’m wondering where I could fit a full size table in 😂😂😂 I may copy your man cave/snooker shed idea!!
            Glad you liked it! Yeah go for the full size if you have the space! There are a few others on here who have also built sheds so plenty of help and advice available. Or if you stick with what you have just think about what parts of the refurb you could do yourself to save some money? Where about in the country are you?

Comment

Leek! The most depressing training area I have ever been on. Over 40 years ago slogging round there with an A41 radio. I am sure that thing weighed more than I did.

My advice, and I am sure others will correct me, is that you have various options:

1. Get someone to do a full refurbishment on the table. Mine was done by Riley before I had it shipped out here to Bulgaria. That would be the most expensive option but would probably get the best results.
              2. Contact a table fitter to do the work in your location. Geoff Large isn't too far from you and he is excellent as well as being as nice a guy as ever you will meet. He could do the technical stuff such as new rubbers etc. Refinishing woodwork you could probably do yourself.
              3. Have a go yourself. If you have never done anything of the sort before try and find someone who has to help. I would never try that as I know my limitations.

Good luck with the project.
              王可

Comment

Option 3 all the way!

Comment

I am fairly good with stuff like that. Where’s the best place for getting cloth and bumpers etc?

Comment

The internet.
                    王可

Comment

Are there any sites that sell better quality bits?? Or is it very much similar quality wherever you buy from?!?

Comment

Email Dave at Thurstons (Peradon) that’s the main supplier for the whole country! All these other website and EBay listings just dropship from them.

thurstononline@eaclare.co.uk

Comment

You’ll want Northern Rubber for your cushions! Depending on the state of the blocks you might also need to replace those.

If it’s of any I interest I’m selling my Strachan 6811 Tournament cloth, it’s used but still has loads of life and good for a few more years yet.

Comment

What you fitting Steve ,superfine by any chance .

Comment

Originally Posted by mikee View Post
                              What you fitting Steve ,superfine by any chance .
                              Thinking about it

Comment

Working...
                              X