Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Midlands - table dismantling and fitting.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Midlands - table dismantling and fitting.

Hi. I’ve just bought a secondhand table which needs to be moved from Leicester to Rugby (roughly 25 mile). I’m looking for a company I can trust to help with the move. Any recommendations?

The company I’d like to use is unlikely to have any availability for quite a while.

Thanks

What table have you bought? Is it ground floor at both ends?

Comment

I would contact Geoff Large
      https://gclbilliards.com/contact/

(there is a note on home page that landline is out at the mo )

Just seen that he is very busy till January, maybe the same firm you tried
      Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Thanks. I’ve just tried Geoff (my first choice). Like you say, he looks pretty booked up. Perhaps waiting is the best option. Cheers

Comment

I know it will be hard but in reality it is just a matter of weeks

Please keep us in the loop, we all love photos or "before/during/after"

Comment

DeanH Thanks. I’ve waited nearly 25 years to get a table (I wanted one when I was 15), so a few more weeks should be fine.

I will share some pictures for sure. My biggest concern is that I’ll have my own table but still won’t improve!

Comment

Geoff in a heartbeat even if you have to wait a bit.

The fact that despite the current situation he is booked solid is a recommendation in itself.
              王可

Comment

Originally Posted by philip in china View Post
                Geoff in a heartbeat even if you have to wait a bit.

The fact that despite the current situation he is booked solid is a recommendation in itself.
                Not really… there just aren’t many table fitters. Or one’s well known to Joe Public.

Comment

Originally Posted by Rich Moor View Post
                  DeanH Thanks. I’ve waited nearly 25 years to get a table (I wanted one when I was 15), so a few more weeks should be fine.

I will share some pictures for sure. My biggest concern is that I’ll have my own table but still won’t improve!
                  Put the hours in mate and you will improve! Simples

So are you going to tell us what table you’ve bought? Or is it top secret…

Comment

Sorry to say lack of fitters or apprentices coming into the trade and retiring fitters has caused a shortfall when looking for skilled Billiard table fitters
                    it has been a while since I posted something on the Snooker forum , it has been none stop for work since I started on my own nearly 10 years ago .

there area few pool table firms that will have a go at fitting a full size snooker table but you cannot jump from one type of table to another if you have not had the training to do it .

Even Thurston is cutting back on tis fitting side stopping service contracts

that an Covid then coming out of lock down .... all these home bars and converted Garages being done during lockdown with pool as well as snooker tables being purchased

results in Billiard fitting being extremely busy not only in lock down but after when all the bars and clubs open back up and require your services

Buying a snooker table , you should not rush out and buy any old table , take your time , prices are low even though demand is picking up .
                    but get the best one that suits your needs , buying a low cost one then finding out the slates are not good , or it requires a re-cloth and re-rubber and nets and leathers and the cost of dismantle delivery and set up

I am worth waiting for , I was always going to be at least 4 to 6 weeks booked out at any time .
                    I take my time an never rush , I work for myself and I am not going to try and fit as many jobs in a week as possible , the job would not be enjoyable to do if that was the case , and believe me I have done that sort of speed work in the past for a firm so know both sides of the fence so to speak .

I am still going to be around fitting for as long as I enjoy it , and at the moment I enjoy my work .
                    even though I do not find the time to get on the Snooker forum , I still pop in now and again for a read .

I still find things interesting and only this week found a table with patent Burroughs and watts cigar holders under the cushions where chalk cups are normally found
                    and B&Watts badges on bag nets

You can find me on face book too

https://www.facebook.com/groups/4724...user/809869409

[/SIGPIC]http://www.gclbilliards.com

Comment

Thanks all. A few pictures attached. It has an A&D badge but not sure if they’re the re-fitter rather than original maker. When you look up close I don’t think the table has ever been used. I played on it for ten mins and it runs well. If anyone can tell the make I’m very interested.

And yes, I’ll definitely be using Geoff Large to help move it. Like he says, it’s just a busy time 👍

Comment

Oh I’m not authorised to upload pictures. Shame!

Comment

Originally Posted by Rich Moor View Post
                          Oh I’m not authorised to upload pictures. Shame!
                          I think you have to have so many posts before you can upload pictures? No doubt Dean will give you the specifics. ImageBB seems to be the best option when it comes to uploading pictures here.

Comment

as if by magic and DS's mention: here are some instructions for image sharing sites like ImgBB (there others but I don't use them )

We all love seeing photos of tables and cues and tips and balls and --- maybe I should stop now...

How to add images to your TSF posts
                            You can use a free image-sharing site such as ImgBB, without registering (you can register for free), to upload your images, you may have to do the “not a robot” checks quickly. There are other image sharing sites as well.
                            ImgBB.com
                            Click on "Start Uploading"
                            Browse to the file and select it, click Open
                            Auto delete image - leave as "Don't autodelete".
                            Click "Upload".
                            Change "Embed Codes" to "BBCode full linked".
                            Hover over the code in the box, a "COPY" will appear, click this.
                            Go to your TSF post and paste.
                            You can repeat for multiple images in a single post.

Comment

Originally Posted by Geoff Large View Post
                              Sorry to say lack of fitters or apprentices coming into the trade and retiring fitters has caused a shortfall when looking for skilled Billiard table fitters
                              it has been a while since I posted something on the Snooker forum , it has been none stop for work since I started on my own nearly 10 years ago .

there area few pool table firms that will have a go at fitting a full size snooker table but you cannot jump from one type of table to another if you have not had the training to do it .

Even Thurston is cutting back on tis fitting side stopping service contracts

that an Covid then coming out of lock down .... all these home bars and converted Garages being done during lockdown with pool as well as snooker tables being purchased

results in Billiard fitting being extremely busy not only in lock down but after when all the bars and clubs open back up and require your services

Buying a snooker table , you should not rush out and buy any old table , take your time , prices are low even though demand is picking up .
                              but get the best one that suits your needs , buying a low cost one then finding out the slates are not good , or it requires a re-cloth and re-rubber and nets and leathers and the cost of dismantle delivery and set up

I am worth waiting for , I was always going to be at least 4 to 6 weeks booked out at any time .
                              I take my time an never rush , I work for myself and I am not going to try and fit as many jobs in a week as possible , the job would not be enjoyable to do if that was the case , and believe me I have done that sort of speed work in the past for a firm so know both sides of the fence so to speak .

I am still going to be around fitting for as long as I enjoy it , and at the moment I enjoy my work .
                              even though I do not find the time to get on the Snooker forum , I still pop in now and again for a read .

I still find things interesting and only this week found a table with patent Burroughs and watts cigar holders under the cushions where chalk cups are normally found
                              and B&Watts badges on bag nets

You can find me on face book too

https://www.facebook.com/groups/4724...user/809869409
                              Hi Geoff, glad you are well and busy

My social club was using Thurston's maintenance service for a few years and we got really good service and tables were finally well looked after...
                              but then during first lockdown the club was informed that Thurston' maintenance service would no longer be active and stopped the contract!
                              shame and I hope maybe they will start again.
                              If you hear anything let us know

image of our snooker room

Comment

Working...
                              X