Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help needed to authenticate a B&W table

Hello All,

I have been told this table is from 1907 and has 60mm Welsh slates with Brazilian Mahogany and new cushions with match pockets too. Could you please let me know if its genuine?

Thanks,
    fkhan

All I can say is: the legs, the side board, name/cushion plate and the four bolts on the side cushions look like a Burroughes & Watts table I used to play on.

The big question... who's dog?
    Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
      All I can say is: the legs, the side board, name/cushion plate and the four bolts on the side cushions look like a Burroughes & Watts table I used to play on.

The big question... who's dog?
      Thank you. I believe it's a famous cue maker's table. I don't know if I am allowed to post names here.
      Last edited by fkhan; 4 August 2022, 01:07 AM.

Comment

The pocket plates look correct for a B&W table ,I’m pretty sure it’s genuine . Under the table there will probably be 3 sets of muntins running down below the slates ,They are the slate bearers ,although they don’t often touch the slates for any support ,but most B&W tables had three sets .Two inch Welsh slate was quite stable so dished slates we’re quite rare .One bad thing about these tables is middle pocket bounce out ,hammer a ball really hard into the Centre pocket and it will on occasion bounce back on to the table ,if that happens it’s a genuine one .
        Last edited by mikee; 3 August 2022, 09:40 PM.

Comment

Originally Posted by mikee View Post
          The pocket plates look correct for a B&W table ,I’m pretty sure it’s genuine .
          Thank you.

Comment

Nice table that, looks in very good condition. No real pictures of the steels but I might have missed a picture clicking through.
            This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
            https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post
              Nice table that, looks in very good condition. No real pictures of the steels but I might have missed a picture clicking through.
              It sold out in a few minutes of being posted online. I was interested in buying it.

Comment

Originally Posted by fkhan View Post

It sold out in a few minutes of being posted online. I was interested in buying it.
                What did it go for? I'm not surprised it went quick, it's been refurbished nicely. As has been said they do suffer from middle pocket bounce out when played squarely into the middles. I have also found on the ones I've played on with these cushions you get the balls bouncing up off the cushions, they are low profile cushions which makes playing tight off them easier but they do give that little bounce up.

Comment

Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post

What did it go for? I'm not surprised it went quick, it's been refurbished nicely. As has been said they do suffer from middle pocket bounce out when played squarely into the middles. I have also found on the ones I've played on with these cushions you get the balls bouncing up off the cushions, they are low profile cushions which makes playing tight off them easier but they do give that little bounce up.
                  Not sure what it went for. I was quoted 2.5k. I was told that it is a match table and the Milkman played on it at some point too.

Comment

That would be correct , as the Cue maker is friends with Robert .
                    Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

Originally Posted by Neil Taperell View Post
                      That would be correct , as the Cue maker is friends with Robert .
                      I guess you mean Robert Osborne.
                      Last edited by fkhan; 4 August 2022, 02:48 PM.

Comment

No , i meant the Cue Maker selling the table knows Robert Milkins very well .
                        Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

Originally Posted by fkhan View Post

Not sure what it went for. I was quoted 2.5k. I was told that it is a match table and the Milkman played on it at some point too.
                          The pockets do look cut properly imo. I think that's a decent price there is a fair bit of work refurbing a table. When we were looking if I remember rightly we were quoted around seven fifty to a thousand pounds to get a table completely refurbed, although that was just a passing comment from table fitters not a hard quote.
                          If it is connected to Robert Milkins Its no surprise the pockets are right. Shame you missed out on it.

Comment

Working...
                          X