Rubber replacement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rubber replacement

Hi everyone, I have an old snooker table on which the cushion are really dead, can't even bring back the cue ball to baulk cushion on a standard break with a lot of power.

Table is a Burroughs & Watts probably from around the 70's. I suspect the rubber has never been changed cause the cloth seem to be also very old, it's a thick Hainsworth without any other information. Sadly, the rail are not steel block on the table. The bed still roll ok compared to the cushion response...

I purchase, move and install the table myself because I like to learn the mechanic aspect of snooker table and I did a very good job on leveling the table, balls run very straight everywhere on the table, took a lot of time,.but the bed was very straight even without the cloth installed, and dead weight balls were rolling almost straight even across the joints.

I have an old set of used Hainsworth Northern Rubber from Retford dating from 2001 and I would like to practice changing the rubber using them. It's the same thing with the used old cloth I reinstalled, cause I prefer to make mistake and learn on them before eventually one day buying some new rubber and cloth.

So a few questions

1- Could the used 2001 Hainsworth Northern Rubber on a non steel rail table still respond to at least 75% of there original capability?

2- I notice the rubber seem to be about 1-2 inchs shorter than the one on my table at the moment, could they be stretched about 1-2 inchs (or more ideally to make the pocket a little bit smaller). I know they can stretch, but will they be playable once streched.

Remember that i'm not asking for perfection, but I would like to enjoy playing on it also for a few years to come, waiting to have the time to work on it and feel confident on my ability to put new, more expensive part on it.

I can put some time on mechanical aspect only during Holidays seasons and being on the other side of the pond, I also have a American pool table, so I kind of work on one table and play on the other will the other one is unavailable.

Thanks for the help to come....
Working...
X