Renovating my table

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Renovating my table

I've got a 7.25ft X 4ft Snooker table which has pool balls at the moment . Its in not in a pretty shape , its got 2 rips in the cloth and the balls are scratched , so I was thinking to get a new cloth and a set of new balls but I overspent while getting myself a cue and i'm a little short on getting the optimum quality stuff so I now have around P.60 to get cloth and balls and I was thinking of getting these -

Aramith economy balls - https://www.maximumbreak-snooker-sto...omy-Balls.html

7ft napped cloth from ebay - http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/501-7ft-NAPPED...1|293:1|294:50

Now would I be better of buying these right now or should I wait a few months until my pocket money replenishes to get top quality cloth and balls .

thanks
    Samad

Just a thought Samad... them balls are full size... would they not be to big for a 7' table?

Comment

Originally Posted by s1ivv3r View Post
      Just a thought Samad... them balls are full size... would they not be to big for a 7' table?
      I'm using pool balls on it at the moment and they're just fine with pockets...... aren't snooker balls smaller than pool balls ?

pool balls - 2 1/4"
      Snooker Balls - 2 1/16"

Comment

I thought it was the american pool balls that were that size Samad!

English pool balls are 2' (50mm)... American pool balls are 2' 1/4" (57.5mm).. Snooker balls on a full size table are 2' 1/16" (52.5mm)

Generally on a 7' table they use the 2' balls.. with 10 reds!

I Think.. LoL

Comment

Oh , OK thanks . yeah , I'd be using 10 reds

Comment

Bump !!
            Someone out there could have SOME helpful info , no ?

Comment

Make sure that when you lay the cloth the nap (raised fuzzy strands) lies towards the black spot and that you brush and iron the cloth from baulk end to the top of the table (same way as the nap).
              Hope that is of some use. if only very little.
              -andyt1992

Comment

Originally Posted by andyt1992 View Post
                Make sure that when you lay the cloth the nap (raised fuzzy strands) lies towards the black spot and that you brush and iron the cloth from baulk end to the top of the table (same way as the nap).
                -andyt1992
                Oh 1 more thing are the cushions still good as i imagine if the balls and cloth are in such a state the cushions will be in a bad way too. :snooker:

Comment

Oh 1 more thing are the cushions still good as i imagine if the balls and cloth are in such a state the cushions will be in a bad way too. :snooker:
                  -andyt1992
                  Well thanks for the tip

The cushions are OK , I bought this table second-hand from a club , the didnt look after it very much , so the balls were in a bad shape but they had recently changed the cloth and cushions . I ripped the cloth in a few places since then . So i've decided to change the cloth .

Comment

fair enough mate good look with laying the cloth. its hard work watched a fitter at my local hall sweating like mad laying it on a full size table.

Comment

fair enough mate good look with laying the cloth. its hard work watched a fitter at my local hall sweating like mad laying it on a full size table.
                      i dont think I will be to "good look" when laying the cloth if i'm sweating like mad

p.s I think you made a spelling mistake

Comment

Sure Did. Good Luck. Did that out of habit from typing "look" on my ebay listings.
                        HAHA

Comment

Sure Did. Good Luck. Did that out of habit from typing "look" on my ebay listings.
                          HAHA
                          lol ..........

Comment

So , no-one can ACTUALLY help me here in buying those things ? very well, thanks for the replies

Comment

Working...
                            X