Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How big is the standard UK 8 ball pool tables?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How big is the standard UK 8 ball pool tables?

Is it 6ft by 4ft?

I was searching ebay to find myself an ex-pub pool table.. some are 7ft by 4ft's etc etc, what is the standard size?
    Dark side of the moon

the standard size is 7x4. am saying standard because thats the preffered size. 6x3 is for places that lack space. if yer was playing in the majority of tourneys, 7x4 would be it.

Comment

pool tournements such as world championship use 6x3 then televised stages are 8x4.

Comment

World championships use 7x4 tables until the televised stages when they move onto the 8x4 tables.
        Just because its old, doesn't mean its worth a fortune!!

Comment

Originally Posted by tinytim139 View Post
          pool tournements such as world championship use 6x3 then televised stages are 8x4.
          thats bull, yer show me a decent tourney that uses 6x3. yer wouldnt even find county standard where they play on 6x3

Comment

Yep 7x4 is standard... end of.

Comment

I thought that myself to, going to get myself an ex-pub table that has been re-clothed etc from company I think there go for about £400 which isn't bad 7by4.
              Dark side of the moon

Comment

Originally Posted by snookerfan91 View Post
                I thought that myself to, going to get myself an ex-pub table that has been re-clothed etc from company I think there go for about £400 which isn't bad 7by4.
                Wish i could find/make room for one
                Live in a modern 3 bedroom house and even tho ive got "spare" rooms - none are big enough to swing a cat

Comment

Originally Posted by hatterboard View Post
                  thats bull, yer show me a decent tourney that uses 6x3. yer wouldnt even find county standard where they play on 6x3
                  calm down then, couldn't you just say i'm sorry but you are wrong. Oh and supreme winners are 7x4, but the playing area is 6x3 so take what you must from that end of. Most county played on supreme winners in my region too, as probably most others too.

Comment

Originally Posted by snookerfan91 View Post
                    I'm sure they sell them off after the major tournements cheaper than that for a good table with only 2-3 days play.
                    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                    Old cue collector --
                    Cue Sales: http://oldcues.co.uk/index.php?id=for_sale_specials
                    (yes I know they're not cheap, I didn't intend them to be!..)
                    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Oh really? Got a website or anything?

I'm sorting out my fish tank out also too when I get my own place so the pool table is on the last of my worrys.
                      Dark side of the moon

Comment

Originally Posted by tinytim139 View Post
                        calm down then, couldn't you just say i'm sorry but you are wrong. Oh and supreme winners are 7x4, but the playing area is 6x3 so take what you must from that end of. Most county played on supreme winners in my region too, as probably most others too.
                        iam very calm
                        Last edited by hatterboard; 20 January 2010, 12:59 PM.

Comment

Lots of duff information being handed out here, 2 seconds on google will tell you that sizes are:

6x3 I've got one this size. Still see them in pubs too.
                          7x3.5 Standard
                          8x4 Get used in WEPF I think

I've got a fish tank too

Comment

Originally Posted by Watford View Post
                            Lots of duff information being handed out here, 2 seconds on google will tell you that sizes are:

6x3 I've got one this size. Still see them in pubs too.
                            7x3.5 Standard
                            8x4 Get used in WEPF I think

I've got a fish tank too
                            So who's right then
                            I thought 7x4 didnt sound right, as most are twice as long as wide - so 7x3.5 sounds more likely in my eyes
                            congratulations on your fish tank

Comment

I've looked a bit more and some places list 7x4 and some some 7x3.5.
                              Bit odd

I've got tropical fish and everything

Comment

Working...
                              X