Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How big is the standard UK 8 ball pool tables?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by Watford View Post
    Lots of duff information being handed out here, 2 seconds on google will tell you that sizes are:

6x3 I've got one this size. Still see them in pubs too.
    7x3.5 Standard
    8x4 Get used in WEPF I think

I've got a fish tank too
    ive played decent standard pool for a good few years, ive never heard anyone call them 7x3.5, even if the playing surface is 6x3 on a supreme winner. surely theres no point in calling it a 6x3 because thats not the area it takes up.
    the table at blackpool is the 8ft, however, many were complaining that they had to play the qualifiers on the 7ft an then have the TV table introduced. actually having just gone to supremes site, its noticeable they call them 6 7 8 ft tables.

Comment

What size fish tank?
      Dark side of the moon

Comment

We are back to my question about the actual playing size of a given size of table. I know nothing and am the first to admit that but isn't the playing surface in the ratio of the length being twice the width? So I can see a 6 x 3 but how does a 7 x 4 work? I would have expected either an 8 x 4 or a 7 x 3.5. Geoff if you are reading this post please come to the rescue.
        王可

Comment

Originally Posted by snookerfan91 View Post
          What size fish tank?
          54 litre
          I've got an African Dwarf Frog and 5 Black Neon Tetras in it

And don't start interrupting our fish conversation Philip.

I think it should be that ratio and pool tables usually all list the playing surface for dimensions but Supreme seem to say 7 x 4 when we seem to think it should be 7 x 3.5

Comment

54 litre

I think it should be that ratio and pool tables usually all list the playing surface for dimensions but Supreme seem to say 7 x 4 when we seem to think it should be 7 x 3.5
            whenever ive been asked about a table, its the size of the table that are relevant, not the playing surface. as i noted yesterday, supreme now list their tables as 6ft 7 ft an 8ft, they dont make as much out about the width. would it be easier if i said the standard size of a pub pool table is 7ft, however, the playing surface is a little over 6ft ?

Comment

54 litre

I'm getting a 8 foot by 3 foot by 2 1/2 foot for the sitting room and a 4ft by 2ft by 2ft for the bedroom when I get my own place.
              Dark side of the moon

Comment

To Confirm sizes a 7ft x 4ft table has a playing area of approx 6ft x 3ft - because of the width of the siderails and cushions, Likewise a 6ft x 3 ft table has a playing area of 5 ft x 2.5 ft. Allow 5 ft all round for full cueing (i.e. to edge of cushions) however I can supply shorter cues for tighter spaces....

I have a choice of 8 slate bed pool tables available.

They range from £275 - £650 plus delivery (inc free install).

£275 6ft Superleague Style Box Leg Slate Bed - Mahogany body Choice of green or blue cloth. Coin operated, but freeplay as coin mech will be disabled. (Now re-covered in blue, but green still an option as slate and cushions can be excanged from other 6 ft in stock)

£375 6ft Supreme Winner, Black body & legs
                Choice of green or blue cloth

£450 7 ft Supreme Winner World Champs Freeplay pool table, Black body and legs, Excellent condition, Strachan West of England Cloth - 2 Tables available

£475 7 ft Supreme Winner World Champs Coin Mech
                pool table, Black body and legs, Excellent condition, Strachan West of England Cloth - 1 available

[ Supreme Winners Pictured Below]

£495 7 ft Supreme Prince Electric Coin Mech
                pool table, Black body and legs, Excellent condition, Fully re-covered in blue Strachan West of England Cloth - Mahogany Body, Traditional Turned legs

£495 7 ft Excel Mayfair ex Coin Mech freeplay (electric ball tray option + £100)
                pool table, Black body and legs, Excellent condition, Fully re-covered in green Strachan West of England Cloth - Mahogany Body, Traditional Turned legs

£650 7 Ft Excel Spirit - Beech Body, Electric Coin Mechanism, choice of green or blue Strachan West of England Cloth - Traditional Turned legs Excellent Condition

All tables come with set of pool balls, 2 cues, chalk and triangle. Other accessories e.g. lights, covers, racks etc..

Can be market out for snooker and snooker balls supplied with table.

Please contact me ASAP on 07740102927 for a quote on UK wide delivery with free install. Thanks, Dave email cueist@genie.co.uk
                Attached Files
                Last edited by snookerpoolman; 27 January 2010, 01:29 AM. Reason: Updated

Comment

I am really looking forward to getting one of these... I hate the feeling when you want something but the time takes forever aaaaaahhhhhhhhhh lol
                  Dark side of the moon

Comment

Originally Posted by snookerfan91 View Post
                    I am really looking forward to getting one of these... I hate the feeling when you want something but the time takes forever aaaaaahhhhhhhhhh lol
                    Many years ago now, long before I knew I would be working in the cue sports industry, I had a dream of owning a pool table. My first house was too small, and relatively speaking back then, tables were a lot more expensive and out of a lot of peoples reach. I was a poorly paid postie and just had to be satisfied with going to the pub for pool and the club for snooker. Time went on and my obsession grew, my role at PO changed and as a fluke I found my first table - a one year old Superleague Diplomat (still a great table today if you can get one that's not been knocked about). It was a complete fluke care of work. Was at a RM site in Swindon and Royal Mail in there infinite wisdom had forced the Sports and Social club to close as they wanted the space for offices.. So, there were 5 pool tables pushed together in a corner.. What do i do I thought? this was pool heaven in front of me, surely I couldn't let this opportunity slip from my grasp? Contacted the sports and Social club rep. found out the SP, put in a bid of £300 (which when you bare in mind this was 1988 and the club had paid £1000 for it the year before, I did OK) and got the table. Took a van back down with a mate, picked it up and set it up at my folks place to play on until I moved house some 4 years later. Have had several other tables since, but that feeling of the first table still lives with me to this day and when I go to someones house and it's a Diplomat to re-cover I get all nostalgic for my first love. It was great - potted well, good off the cushions everything really. Helped me improve my game no end and once I'd set it up at home and re-covered it in Hainsworth Smart, it was like a brand new table!

So, there you go, that's my late night story and hopefully you too will realise your dream and get have your own pool room one day! Work hard, save up, get a nice table and then think of all those 50p's you aint spending in the pub and not to mention the £2.50 - £3.00 per pint as well! :snooker:
                    Last edited by snookerpoolman; 27 January 2010, 01:22 AM. Reason: Spelling! It's late though...

Comment

Originally Posted by snookerpoolman View Post
                      Many years ago now, long before I knew I would be working in the cue sports industry, I had a dream of owning a pool table. My first house was too small, and relatively speaking back then, tables were a lot more expensive and out of a lot of peoples reach. I was a poorly paid postie and just had to be satisfied with going to the pub for pool and the club for snooker. Time went on and my obsession grew, my role at PO changed and as a fluke I found my first table - a one year old Superleague Diplomat (still a great table today if you can get one that's not been knocked about). It was a complete fluke care of work. Was at a RM site in Swindon and Royal Mail in there infinite wisdom had forced the Sports and Social club to close as they wanted the space for offices.. So, there were 5 pool tables pushed together in a corner.. What do i do I thought? this was pool heaven in front of me, surely I couldn't let this opportunity slip from my grasp? Contacted the sports and Social club rep. found out the SP, put in a bid of £300 (which when you bare in mind this was 1988 and the club had paid £1000 for it the year before, I did OK) and got the table. Took a van back down with a mate, picked it up and set it up at my folks place to play on until I moved house some 4 years later. Have had several other tables since, but that feeling of the first table still lives with me to this day and when I go to someones house and it's a Diplomat to re-cover I get all nostalgic for my first love. It was great - potted well, good off the cushions everything really. Helped me improve my game no end and once I'd set it up at home and re-covered it in Hainsworth Smart, it was like a brand new table!

So, there you go, that's my late night story and hopefully you too will realise your dream and get have your own pool room one day! Work hard, save up, get a nice table and then think of all those 50p's you aint spending in the pub and not to mention the £2.50 - £3.00 per pint as well! :snooker:
                      You are so right there mate because you go down to local place it's like £3.80 an hour and £2.00 a pint, it soon adds up if you get your own table you can play whenever you want and replace balls, practice, etc etc and I normally drink Newcastle Brown Ale, John Smiths, Scotch, Guinness which are all relatively cheap so I'll definitely save money in the long run...

Somebody has told me (even though you give me balls) to get Arasmith balls or something?
                      Dark side of the moon

Comment

Working...
                      X