Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

finding good tables to play on... help a newbie!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• finding good tables to play on... help a newbie!

one of the things that really frustrates me is that I was blown away by the tables and cloths at Wembley when I was there last week yet I have no idea how I could play on a table that even vaguely resembles the ones we see in tournaments- i don't know how much they cost but- and bear with me here- but i pay £50 a month for my gym membership, it has a huge pool and spa and 50plus gym macines costing around £4k a piece (I used to work in a gym so that's how I know!), so I don't see why if I'm spending as much on my snooker I can't play on a decent table. I am referring of course to damn fine cloths and cushions springier than a very large spring made of smaller springs.

I don't know much about the snooker club scene, but I have spent the last couple of days searching online tho it is difficult to get the info I need. It won't make any difference to me, I'm horrendously bad. But we don't have to be michael schumacher to want to drive a ferrari,

by the way, should have said, I live in Norwich and frequent most of the clubs here on an infrequent basis.

Fast cloths don't work in clubs because they would have to be reclothed way too often. Bear in mind the TV tables get reclothed every few days, the snooker club has to last 6months-year or something!
    sigpic A Truly Beakerific Long Pot Sir!

Comment

Working...
    X