Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trying to choose a pool table.

Hi everyone at Thesnookerforum

I'm new to the forums here as you can see. And will be posting around hopefully.

I'm new to buying a pool table for my son who is 8 for his birthday. I'm based in the UK and have been looking at one pool table with ball return. There are two pool tables which are near enough the same. Just one is BCE and one is Bulldog. And BCE table is £100 more. Even though it has the same specification. Here are the pool tables on the same site.

Bulldog 7ft Panther
    BCE 7ft Black Cat

If anyone has any information in which why these are two seperate prices and £100 more. As £100 more for a birthday is alot. but if its worth it then I guess its worth while. And will this go up stairs into a bedroom? Because its not slate or anything.

Thanks everyone.

Maj/John

Personally I am of the opinion that a table that's not 9ft and costing £3000 will get boring to play on very soon. I have played on the BCE and I was not impressed. The cloth is so thick and bad and the cushions are so thin they react badly to power shots. Maybe it's because I grew up to play on a 9ft Brunswick Gold Crown IV with 860 Simonis cloth, but I think you should use your money to get your son a real good cue and a membership at a good pool/snooker hall. Then he will learn to play on the real stuff, which is much better and more fun.

Comment

If I was to get a table I would get it in english spec rather than yank!
      I think you would get better game play from the small table that way.
      Do you have enough room for a 7ft table, I'm having to get a 6ft table for my house so I can have enough swinging room, full size cues are 57-58ins.
      Getting him down the snooker club as well is a good idea, I wouldn't shell out on a dear cue yet though.

Comment

Well I agree with the whole 9ft thing. But these are the two that he has chosen so I would like someone to say which one. As you have played on the BCE and not impressed I will go with the Bulldog then I think. As it has a speed cloth which should be good?.

The Pool Table is only for fun (Its not like we are pro and all that). Its just some entertainment for the house.

7ft. Do I have enough room? I Have a 16-17ft by 30 ft room so I think it is enough. And if its not Il buy shorten cues which will do the trick.

So is speed cloth better than cotton?

Comment

Bloody hell!
          17 x 30 ft you could get a snooker table in there!
          I think a good napped cloth is better than a speed cloth but speed cloths are more hard wearing and play well even when not looked after!

Comment

Originally Posted by Watford
            Bloody hell!
            17 x 30 ft you could get a snooker table in there!
            I think a good napped cloth is better than a speed cloth but speed cloths are more hard wearing and play well even when not looked after!
            Well I know but what I should of said is that some of the room is his bedroom.

But I have the cue space for starting etc (Longways). So you think I should go for the Bulldog table Watford out of these two?

Comment

I think I would from the two mate!

Comment

I've had I thought, clear his room out get yourself a full size snooker table and your son can sleep under it!
                You could get a bar in there as well it would be great!

Comment

Originally Posted by Watford
                  I've had I thought, clear his room out get yourself a full size snooker table and your son can sleep under it!
                  You could get a bar in there as well it would be great!
                  :P:P

Nah thats not an option tbh. I guess Im going with the 7ft Bulldog.

I dont really play Snooker either. Just pool

Thanks Watford

Comment

Hi

I own Billiards Boutique we have this other option available

http://www.billiardsboutique.com/ind...&productid=118

we can offer you the Snooker Forum 10% discount if you pm me I will send it to you. Alternatively I can do you a price on the Black Cat and then you can get the discount.
                    Watch Exclusive Snooker Live & On Demand
                    Freeview Snooker TV channel

Comment

PM Sent

Comment

SO ITS DEF THE BULLDOG? I PREFER THE BCE THOUGH..

Says the BCE is the best non slate full pool size table on the market!

Comment

Bulldog is cheaper!
                          Science is a refinement of everyday thinking -- Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally Posted by Obligation
                            Bulldog is cheaper!
                            Yeah but I'm thinking its the cheaper version of the proper version.

Comment

I don't know...Have you looked on eBay?

I just bought a 7/8th size of eBay for £600.
                              Science is a refinement of everyday thinking -- Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
                              X