Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Re-clothing a table..WHAT you know it all?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re-clothing a table..WHAT you know it all?

Everything sorted
    Last edited by j6uk; 4 March 2011, 10:09 PM. Reason: JOB DONE

What an idiot
    If he didn't know what he was doing he should of payed someone who does, surely now the customers will refuse to play on it and it will cost him additional money for someone to sort it out

Comment

Everything sorted
      Last edited by j6uk; 4 March 2011, 10:10 PM. Reason: JOB DONE

Comment

Originally Posted by j6uk View Post
        ....So what has gone wrong? I remember a site that had a re-cloth guide, where is that site now?
        This may help ???
        http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en...+table&spell=1

Comment

Thanks for that jrc I'll check it out later, hope it covers how to lay and tack the cloth..
          If I remember rightly: Lay cloth, tack behind the brown and black, evenly stretch and tack over the middle pockets FIRST, then pull from corner to corner and staple evenly?

Some input from a table fiter please ??

Comment

yes that sounds good! is it okay to stretch the cloth though?

and also once cloth is off and there are chips or uneveness between the slates, how do you fill them....what with??

Comment

Recovering my table

I have just got the OK from the wife to get my 10' table recovered. I suppose it is a bit cheaper not being a full size table but the 2' of cloth I save won't make that much difference.

I have a light plastic cover for the table. I wthink I will take the old cloth and get it stitched to the underside of the plastic sheet. That way there will be a bit more weight nd guts in the cover.
              王可

Comment

I got the cloth changed. The reason I wanted it doing is that there were half a dozen or so small holes through the cloth. (These were like cigarette burns but smaller). What would have caused these? Could they be made by some sort of moth or other bug? If so, and this is a serious question, might moth balls be advisable? Yes I know I can't play with them although it might improve my game.
                王可

Comment

Originally Posted by philip in china View Post
                  I got the cloth changed. The reason I wanted it doing is that there were half a dozen or so small holes through the cloth. (These were like cigarette burns but smaller). What would have caused these? Could they be made by some sort of moth or other bug? If so, and this is a serious question, might moth balls be advisable? Yes I know I can't play with them although it might improve my game.

sounds like burn marks from friction of chalk and tip in contact with the cloth when putting too much of a deep screw on the ball

Comment

I finally got to play on the new cloth. The old one was very slow. This one is like lightning! I am very pleased with it.

I am making a jewellery stand for my wife so some of the old cloth the fitter removed is earmarked for that purpose.
                    王可

Comment

Working...
                    X