No announcement yet.

Advice on new lighting for full size table

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would say the High Output ones and as Geoff says have the 5ft above the bed of the table
    Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

I have 2 double 6' units and am very happy with those.
      王可

Comment

Originally Posted by Geoff Large View Post
        Denmans electrical wholesalers , sell white light flouresent light units ( high frequency ) each containing 2 tubes and are 5 foot units , two of these end to end is all that is required the total lenth being 10 foot for two 5ft units , many having been fitted to local clubs in the midlands includeing Stapleford cue club and Newark cue club , both of these clubs having pro players playing on exhibition nights . Mark Selby being the latest later this month at Stapleford cue club .
        They retail at just £50 inc vat and tubes per 5ft unit so £100 per table , you may require the wire cables and fixings to hang them though .
        some sell these light units on ebay at £400 a pair , various makes but all are very simular , when they cost just £100 a pair .

http://www.dextralighting.co.uk/surface click on duet down the list

web site for branch near you http://www.denmans.co.uk/branches.html

just ask for high frequency modular surface lighting with white light tubes 2 x 5 ft units , the make is Dextra model is duet . also omni and solution surface are other designs in this Dextra range that are also used for billiard table lighting ..

hang around 5 foot from bed , if ceiling is around 5 ft attach to ceiling direct , if greater , hang from wires or chain .

Newark cue club have all tables with this lighting , Stapleford have 3 tables with this lighting the others having the old coffin lights , and it is when you see this new lighting next to the old lighting , you notice how bright they are , the old lights being a yellow glow and long shadows at the side of the balls , with the new lighting , shadows are elimintaed to just under the ball and only protrude slightly to one side , it is hard to explain without a demonstration , but get them fitted and you will see the differance .

Sorry for bringing an old thread back up but can i ask what wattage would you suggest for the dextra modular lighting? and what are the running cost like in comparison to old tube lights?

Thanks in advance

Comment

Nice thread bump as i to am getting some new lights for my home table!

I am just going the normal hanging Hat type with 4 hats to cover my 9 by 4 table with regular household globes.

http://www.billiards.com.au/metal-br...ght-4xhat.html

What is the ideal height to hang them at with regular globes?? Is it still the 5ft mark?
          If it is called " Common sense " why is it so rare???

Comment

Originally Posted by philip in china View Post
            I have 2 double 6' units and am very happy with those.
            Just looking. I lied. I have 3 x 4' units. It amounts to the same thing.
            王可

Comment

[QUOTE=

hang around 5 foot from bed , if ceiling is around 5 ft attach to ceiling direct , if greater , hang from wires or chain .

.[/QUOTE]

So I was wondering if there was a rule of thumb about lighting height.
              I have a 10' and recently acquired a nice 3 Shade Brass light (Photo attached)
              The wiring is solid enough for a 200Wt bulb but I wanted to be sure about the height.
              Last edited by roaster; 3 October 2014, 03:25 AM.
              Cheers from the Colonies

Comment

Working...
              X