Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Snooker plus ball set

Hi there
    I have a full boxed set of Snooker Plus Balls and wanted to find out more about the age of them.
    The name on the box is Actone

Thanks guys

Shamus

have you had a maximum 210 break by any chance?

Comment

Originally Posted by shamusf View Post
      Hi there
      I have a full boxed set of Snooker Plus Balls and wanted to find out more about the age of them.
      The name on the box is Actone

Thanks guys

Shamus
      Snooker plus balls (orange and purple) were introduced by Joe Davis in 1959 and were sold separately as a set of two in a cardboard box from around this date. They were still available to buy in a range of sizes until about 1970. The last full-sized set I saw sold for £50.

The "Actone" ball was manufactured by the Composition Billiard Ball Co. It was made using the same formula as "Vitalite" and was distributed by Peradon to various retailers. The ones I have seen have all been "Crystalate" which was also made by Composition.

Comment

Good one aussie147, not really used them much on my table

Comment

Thanks for the info 100-uper the set I have is all 24 balls including the orange and purple

Comment

Originally Posted by 100-uper View Post
            Snooker plus balls (orange and purple) were introduced by Joe Davis in 1959 and were sold separately as a set of two in a cardboard box from around this date. They were still available to buy in a range of sizes until about 1970. The last full-sized set I saw sold for £50.

The "Actone" ball was manufactured by the Composition Billiard Ball Co. It was made using the same formula as "Vitalite" and was distributed by Peradon to various retailers. The ones I have seen have all been "Crystalate" which was also made by Composition.
            I have a set of unused Crystalate in their original box, anybody with a spare £50 can have them!!!! lol

Comment

Do you plan on selling the set of 24 snooker balls?

Comment

Working...
              X