NO Work ??? NEED A BILLIARDS FIITTERS SERVICES

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NO Work ??? NEED A BILLIARDS FIITTERS SERVICES

At the moment we are experiencing some difficulty in getting work in at my place of employment , something of a mystery to me as it has never happened before in 36 years of Cue sports fitting , a few weeks ago we could not move for work but it has all dried up , I have had some short weeks UNPAID these last three weeks and to be honest it is not looking good in the Recovering and table fitting trade .
    Normaly I would not tout for work on this forum , I only intended to use it as an helpfull informative discussion forum . but with a mortgage and car loan to pay needs must as they say .

If the admin feel it is against forum rule's please remove the post .
    But if anyone is in need of a Table fitting or recovering then you contact myself by email at c.large@btinternet.com .

I have permission from work to look for work myself due to the current situation .
    and because THEY have decided not to pay me when no work is in .
    so please any work would be much apreciated at the moment .

I may even have to set up myself in buisness, and stop working for the firm I have worked for over 30 years , as it would I think cutt overheads down by 2/3rds in none fitting workforce commitments . and maybe entice work in with no VAT to pay and thats a saving of 20% all ready .

I recover / Rerubber and set up all sorts of cue sports tables

Snooker/Billiard tables
    Pool UK
    Pool american
    Bagatelle tables
    Bar billiards .

I am also available for subcontract work for other firms if they also wish to use my experience .

Please respond useing my email c.large@btinternet.com

thankyou
    Geoff Large
    [/SIGPIC]http://www.gclbilliards.com

Sorry to hear this Geoff. I think there will be allot of members who can relate to your situation. I, myself have seen my income cut dramatically over the last few years to the point that i seriously regret packing in my old job as a postman. and to think i have heard that the recession is over, well it does not feel like that to me. Hope things pick up for you, best of luck mate.

Comment

thanks ashbash , it is all new to me , we did experience a patch of 2 weeks in the late 90s , but we had a Billiard hall with 18 tables of our own to fall back on when things got slack , to the point that myself and the other fitter I worked with redecorated the whole Billiard hall in the 2 weeks we where slack .
      apart from that glitch , I have been busy all my working life as a Billiards fitter .
      as the day has gone on things have begun to look a bit brighter , but only a bit .

Geoff

Comment

I hope things will look better for you soon. I really value and treasure your posts and I have no doubt you are one of the very best fitters in the industry with a vast amount of experience, skill, and knowledge behind you.
        Sometimes things might all the sudden become too busy for you to handle, and sometimes, it could be just really dead for a few months.
        It seems like a lot of people are now trying to do their own tables.
        A lot of club owners also cannot afford to re-cloth as often as they would like.
        Nevertheless, I firmly believe there is always room for the very best and always someone who appreciates fine craftsmanship and is willing to pay for it. You are a very fine craftsman and is the best at what you do. Dont feel discouraged. I think it is good that you are putting this post up. Some people might otherwise think you are too busy and feel intimidated to approach you for a job.
        I hope you get overwhelmed with work soon. :-)
        Best wishes.
        :-)
        Last edited by poolqjunkie; 3 August 2011, 08:48 PM.
        www.AuroraCues.com

Comment

when it Rains it pours down ...

Today my van gave up the ghost coming back from Leeds on the M1 , engine looks to have had it , had to be towed home by AA .

Just what I need more expense at this time

ah well onwards and forwards , do I repair the van a renault trafic 54 reg which is in very good condition or buy another smaller one just to get by as I was thinking of changing the van to a larger one for table removals anyway

Iv'e seen a nice small one on ebay with very low miles so am thinking of that rather than repair it , but I will get the engine checked just incase it's just a minor top end fault , if there realy is such a thing ...lol

Geoff

Comment

Bad luck Geoff, i guess it was not a works van then ?? When i saw that pic of your van where you had driven thro an orchard or something to get to a nice looking snooker room, i remember it being all sign written up, so assumed it was a company van.
            Guess tho if your branching out on your own, you could not bother with the logos ?
            Breakers yards may be worth a ring to see if any engines going cheap from crashed vans ?

Comment

Did the same myself new engine cost £2000. Bummer. I`ll let you know if the job in Yorkshire comes off.

Comment

hi JRC750 , The van is my own and not the van in the photo you have seen in the orchard which is a Vauxhall like a renault master , my van is renault traffic in silver in much better condition than the firms van , reg serviced and oil changed inbetween services too , fuel additive to keep injecters clean , and it just gave up the ghost i was hoping to get 200.000 out of her , but she managed 127.000 ...looks like top end head needs replaceing along with camshaft as it rattels like a bag of marbles and no compression so valves are open by cam being had it or something else , I,m no mechanic . it still runs but cannot move forward as noi compression , no oil or black smoke so that tell me the pistons are ok , and no engine fault warning light came on .

found a very nice very low miles smaller van on ebay which will be very good as a stop gap , I was about to change the trafic for a renault master which can carry a full sized table , but funds cannot stretch to a low miles good one at this time , so best bet is to revert back to a smaller van for carrying my tools , I never realy used the full size of the Trafic anyway but realy liked driving it and will miss it , I think I can count on one hand the times I have used it to say carry a pool table or riley diner .

I think I will put the trafic up for sale as a repair job , the bodywork is almost blemish free a few stone chips to bonnet and thats about all . I should be able to get around £750 to £1000 for it as a repair project and is ideal for a camper carravette conversion due to it's excellent bodywork . after all it only requires a top end .

.................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .............................

Thanks Chris I will look forward to hearing from you .
                Last edited by Geoff Large; 20 August 2011, 09:51 AM.

Comment

Originally Posted by Geoff Large View Post
                  At the moment we are experiencing some difficulty in getting work in at my place of employment , something of a mystery to me as it has never happened before in 36 years of Cue sports fitting , a few weeks ago we could not move for work but it has all dried up , I have had some short weeks UNPAID these last three weeks and to be honest it is not looking good in the Recovering and table fitting trade .
                  Normaly I would not tout for work on this forum , I only intended to use it as an helpfull informative discussion forum . but with a mortgage and car loan to pay needs must as they say .

If the admin feel it is against forum rule's please remove the post .
                  But if anyone is in need of a Table fitting or recovering then you contact myself by email at c.large@btinternet.com .

I have permission from work to look for work myself due to the current situation .
                  and because THEY have decided not to pay me when no work is in .
                  so please any work would be much apreciated at the moment .

I may even have to set up myself in buisness, and stop working for the firm I have worked for over 30 years , as it would I think cutt overheads down by 2/3rds in none fitting workforce commitments . and maybe entice work in with no VAT to pay and thats a saving of 20% all ready .

I recover / Rerubber and set up all sorts of cue sports tables

Snooker/Billiard tables
                  Pool UK
                  Pool american
                  Bagatelle tables
                  Bar billiards .

I am also available for subcontract work for other firms if they also wish to use my experience .

Please respond useing my email c.large@btinternet.com

thankyou
                  Geoff Large
                  Geoff, I am sorry to read of your problems regarding work - where (roughly) do you live?

You do not need to answer that question here but, as I have insufficient postings accumulated, I cannot send you a private message - though I guess this is one more!

I have sent a mail to your email address.

Best regards

Comment

I live on the Nottingham / Derby border junction 25 of the M1 moterway , LONG EATON .

Geoff

Comment

my guess is if you contact somebody like his not via ebay they will replace it for less than a grand. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/vauxhall-v...#ht_1666wt_905
                      https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

Van sold , replaced with smaller stop gap low miles van until I decide what size realy want , to be honest the van could not move a full size , so maybe smaller van and hire a van for moves ?
                        my old van although bodywork is in good condition , once one major thing starts to go wrong then others are not too far behind , who knows clutch or Gearbox could be just around the corner at 127.000 miles .
                        it was time to call it a day on the old faithfull , funny thing was , I got realy attached to it .

Geoff

Comment

Surprising how cheaply you can hire a van these days.
                          王可

Comment

Working...
                          X