Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 6811 restretch.

Hi All,

I've had a new 6811 tounament cloth on now for about 8 months and evidently needs a restretch.
    Any of the fitters out there have any hint and tips for this Id be very grateful. What about the cushions? Is it ever the case that these should be restretched since this cloth is also subject to slackening ?

Many thanks in advance- Jono

hi Jono , the cloth can be stretched after 6 months of fitting to a year , so 8 months is about right for a stretch , the cushion cloth cannot be stretched , they are not designed to be stretched .
    where abouts in the country are you ? I have been laid off recently in the form of short time ( read my no work post ) , and would welcome some work . even if you are far away I could fit it in with other work in youre area .

Geoff
    [/SIGPIC]http://www.gclbilliards.com

Comment

Hi Geoff ,
      I'm outside the UK unfortunately- but I would have given you the job. I did the cover myself (following a few of your tips such as 5/8 tacks with at least 1/8th sticking out for extraction- no staples here!/White wax pencil so markings can be taken off at restretch time with gentle application of acetone etc). Table has played beautifully. Just wondering if you had any tips for the restretch.

Sorry to hear about your dilmma - surely if you set yourself up as a 1 man company,offered competitive prices,multi-table discounts,travel UK wide at 5 days notice - you'd be back in business. If I owned a club in the UK and I'd been reading your posts for the last 2 years you'd have my business not doubt - 5 years contract or longer.
      thx,
      Jono

Comment

My 6811 is in need of a restretch. What's the best way to go about it? Leave the cloth attached at the middle pockets and stretch at both ends and corners?

Comment

Oh, and the idiot who initially installed my table used one of those white paint marker pens, so i'll have to get that off if i'm restretching i suppose. I think it was a pen like this...

http://www.ryman.co.uk/0897050011/Ed...-of-10/Product

Comment

Originally Posted by bricktip View Post
            Oh, and the idiot who initially installed my table used one of those white paint marker pens, so i'll have to get that off if i'm restretching i suppose. I think it was a pen like this...

http://www.ryman.co.uk/0897050011/Ed...-of-10/Product
            Yes, after alot of play the white seems to smudge, even though it is dry..
            JP Majestic
            3/4
            57"
            17oz
            9.5mm Elk

Comment

I'll need to get it off completely if I'm stretching the cloth, which definitely needs doing. By the way, bump about the stretch from my previous posts.

Comment

I shall be replacing an already slightly used cloth on my table. Will that need a stretch after a while or will it already be OK?
                王可

Comment

Working...
                X