No announcement yet.

Riley Aristocrat upstairs install

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well i wouldnt mind what the legs looked like as long as it played properly!!

Roughly how much could you do a full set up for then Geoff for someone not bothered about the look of the frame?
    Unclevit C Brand - CueGuru Tip.

Comment

Originally Posted by Deepscrew View Post
      Well i wouldnt mind what the legs looked like as long as it played properly!!

Roughly how much could you do a full set up for then Geoff for someone not bothered about the look of the frame?
      We have NO ex rental square legs in stock or in fact no square legs in stock as demand for them is NIL , price depends on quality of table but to be honest the price for the arsitocrat just installed is about as low as we would go even if it was a square legged table becuase most of the value is in the renovation and fitting and traveling costs . all these ex rental tables owe us nothing as they have earnt their worth to the firm as rental income over the years .

If we had any square legged tables they where either scrapped or sold to Prisons , the next square leg in I think I will have for a practice table , useing a shortened frame and just the end slates , Iv'e been meaning to make one again . but even price for a practice table will be £1500 set up , by the time all the work on making it and renewing rubber and cloth etc plus delivery costs .

Current stock at same price , we have two ex rental Aristocrats , and ex rental Karnhem and hillamn , ex rental Burroughs and watts but this is due to be a full refurb to be resold at £3500 , we have a few customers tables that are being sold but none with square legs and to be honest Customers would not sell them for less than £1000 as they are before any renovation .
      Believe it or not we have customers who have paid over £3000 in storage fees over the years and still will not sell their table for less than £1000 . we sometimes say do you still want to pay storage or can we just sell the table on at a very low price just to shift it , but they still pay their monthly storage fees and say not a penny less than £1000. where is the logic in that .

on the high end market we have a Lions head carved leged table by George wright at £7500 was £10000 but we have lowered it because of the way money is at the moment .it is anice table but looks a bit gothic in design to me
      Last edited by Geoff Large; 21 October 2011, 05:51 PM.
      [/SIGPIC]http://www.gclbilliards.com

Comment

Interesting stuff indeed! Certainly lots of choice out there.

I was at an auction not so long ago at an old school, full size table, all the clobber to go with and it went for £200. The value of these tables has to be more than that just to but some slate that size. As you say all the money is in the recon/Refurb side of things.
        Unclevit C Brand - CueGuru Tip.

Comment

Do you come across many Enbild tables Geoff? My favourite was Grand Duke (Mahogany) or Grand Duchess (Oak) with 10" turned bulbous legs and deep side rails with 3 groove moulding and additional span rails.
          Billiard Fitters always have time for a nap!

Comment

Originally Posted by Ex Enbild Fitter View Post
            Do you come across many Enbild tables Geoff? My favourite was Grand Duke (Mahogany) or Grand Duchess (Oak) with 10" turned bulbous legs and deep side rails with 3 groove moulding and additional span rails.
            Yes still come across the Enbilds out there , I think the only bad designed table they made was the hidden leveling plate to avoid toe pieces under the legs , the legs where slot bolted and where abit wobbly on those internal top of leg adjusting bolts . I came across one of these agian about 3 months ago .
            I had a semi skilled fitter labourer with me who had never seen one of these before , and I had bit of fun with him setting it up , I said right you put the frame together and level it , I came back to find he had tightened all the slot bolts up and had started to put leveling toe pieces under the legs ?

yes the duke was good table , we sold a few duke's and Duchess to wealthy clients . and I did like the oak one .
            12 normal square legged enbilds at Spot on club in Bulwell near me .

yes it was Mave Maguire who came over to loughborough to help us meet a deadline for opening day on that Hall. .

are you still fitting and is Dave still at it .

Comment

You know your **** Geoff

Why do you not charge extra for going upstairs?

Comment

Originally Posted by Geoff Large View Post
                Yes still come across the Enbilds out there , I think the only bad designed table they made was the hidden leveling plate to avoid toe pieces under the legs , the legs where slot bolted and where abit wobbly on those internal top of leg adjusting bolts . I came across one of these agian about 3 months ago .
                I had a semi skilled fitter labourer with me who had never seen one of these before , and I had bit of fun with him setting it up , I said right you put the frame together and level it , I came back to find he had tightened all the slot bolts up and had started to put leveling toe pieces under the legs ?

yes the duke was good table , we sold a few duke's and Duchess to wealthy clients . and I did like the oak one .
                12 normal square legged enbilds at Spot on club in Bulwell near me .

yes it was Mave Maguire who came over to loughborough to help us meet a deadline for opening day on that Hall. .

are you still fitting and is Dave still at it .
                Haha yes they were good in theory but not so great in practice.Dave still works for himself I believe. I now work in Health & Safety and have not fitted since 94, Done a bit a couple of years ago for my bowls club as have kept all the tools.
                Billiard Fitters always have time for a nap!

Comment

Originally Posted by 1blonde View Post
                  You know your **** Geoff

Why do you not charge extra for going upstairs?
                  We did £60 for the extra man thats what the extra man charges us as he is semi retired we did not make any money out of him we just passed this cost onto the customer + vat , the customer supplied the other labour to lift the slates upstairs so we cannot realy charge him for that .
                  I am used to upstairs installs , and although this stair case was narrow , Iv'e seen far worse access ways upstairs , for instance no stairs at all and just a loft hatch .
                  I have been on job's where windows have been taken out to gain access .

Comment

The point on the full refurb is an interesting one. I had thought for a long time that when you see people selling "fully refurbished" tables at a given figure they absolutely could not have spent any time on them at all so they could not have been "fully refurbished" to any reasonable standard. If you just think of the hours needed to do the work- even if you can get somebody at minimum wage it simply can't be done for the price.

Sorry if I sound like an accountant again but those who know me will understand why.
                    王可

Comment

Working...
                    X