No announcement yet.

Steel Block Cushions - Pro and Con

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wasn't meaning for my table. I have no intention of doing anything to that table except getting it installed as is and getting some playing done! It is ideal for what I want,

BTW next tranche of money should be being sent this week so I hope some progress will be made.

Originally Posted by Geoff Large View Post
    any good engineering firm would be able to make steel block cushions , but I would not bother phil , the cushions on youre table are as new and made of good hard wood . you may well regret useing steel blocks they have a tendancy to split the cloth open at the middle pocket due to the ball getting right into the edge . look at any table with steels with cloth over 12 month old . they sometimes split after just 6 month use .
    What people do not realise is the tables on tv have new cloths just about every 3 days . so no chance of wear on those .

as for the rubber in front of them use this
    王可

Comment

My comment has been misinterpreted several times. What I meant to say was that the actual playing surface of the table, along with the cushions of course, is the main thing that matters the most. You can fix a Tournament table slate on any strong structure and the table will not refuse to play.
      Originally Posted by hsn View Post
      I wish I could do it! By the way the frame of my table is ready but to me the real table is the top part not the frame.
      thanks for commenting though.

Comment

Agreed. I just wonder how much actual difference the steel makes if the table is made from a very dense hardwood.

Originally Posted by hsn View Post
        My comment has been misinterpreted several times. What I meant to say was that the actual playing surface of the table, along with the cushions of course, is the main thing that matters the most. You can fix a Tournament table slate on any strong structure and the table will not refuse to play.
        王可

Comment

philip the best thing is to go to a nice snooker room which has both type of tables hopefully the same maker and play and see , the only thing what i can say it's a big difference

Comment

Have done a bit of research about the existing cushions for my table and I have been informed that K and h cushions are one of the heaviest cushions around,bar steel blockers so I am going to go with what I have for now and see how it goes.Thanks far all the pms.

Comment

Working...
            X